Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My best/favourite work.

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
I started taking photos with an entry level Nikon D5000 back in 2009. Over the last 3 years photography has become somewhat of an obsession, consuming about ~10k worth of paycheck, and dominating most of my spare time. I now shoot weddings, auto, landscape, and majority of things inbetween. Hope you enjoy some of my faves from the last few years.

S14 by ben_stieger, on Flickr

555 by ben_stieger, on Flickr

Untitled by ben_stieger, on Flickr

Long Walk, Short Pier. by ben_stieger, on Flickr

Tide Calls by ben_stieger, on Flickr

Journey by ben_stieger, on Flickr

Left Behind by ben_stieger, on Flickr

Full House by ben_stieger, on Flickr

Cayenne by ben_stieger, on Flickr

Villain by ben_stieger, on Flickr

matt-chops

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Some solid work there mate, nice one. I just added you on Flickr.

My story is about the same... started out about 6 years ago with a Canon 400D (and twin lens kit... the bees knees at the time!) and like yourself shoot anything and everything now. My latest obsession is timelapse photography—I recently purchased a Dynamic Perception Stage Zero dolly rig and am working on a landscape timelapse project around South East Qld.

Stevothedevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II MY12 SSV Redline
These are amazing, keep it up!

Agree...

Yep they are bloody great!! Well done, you could do this as a paying hobby?
Look forward to more pics.
Cheers

Gus

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Acclaim
Full House looks great!
I always wondered how someone achieves that effect through photoshop.
Any tips or pointing to in the right direction for getting started in that style?

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
Are you happy for constructive criticism?

Always mate, fire away.

Full House looks great!
I always wondered how someone achieves that effect through photoshop.
Any tips or pointing to in the right direction for getting started in that style?

The shot itself has a new background, (if you couldn't tell already), was shot with a 5' octabox camera left. Most of the effect is done through dodging and burning layers in PS :)

Some solid work there mate, nice one. I just added you on Flickr.

My story is about the same... started out about 6 years ago with a Canon 400D (and twin lens kit... the bees knees at the time!) and like yourself shoot anything and everything now. My latest obsession is timelapse photography—I recently purchased a Dynamic Perception Stage Zero dolly rig and am working on a landscape timelapse project around South East Qld.

Ah awesome, thanks mate! I've taken a huge interest in Timelapse also, but it unfortunately takes the back seat (for now) as I try to scrape some cash together for a MacBook Pro and Final Cut 10, as I've just spent ~$3800 on new glass :/
Keen to see some of your stuff!

I had a ball shooting a few cars at TargaWest last weekend, and have a few to share.

Preparation by ben_stieger, on Flickr

240 Love! by ben_stieger, on Flickr

Corvette Powerskids by ben_stieger, on Flickr

Evo Tommy Mak by ben_stieger, on Flickr

Untitled by ben_stieger, on Flickr

Eager by ben_stieger, on Flickr

matt-chops

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Ah awesome, thanks mate! I've taken a huge interest in Timelapse also, but it unfortunately takes the back seat (for now) as I try to scrape some cash together for a MacBook Pro and Final Cut 10, as I've just spent ~$3800 on new glass :/

My money this year has gone to Lee Filters (Foundation Kit, 2, 3 and 4 stop ND Grads and a Big Stopper—miles better than the Cokin P Series gear I upgraded from) and the Stage Zero rig... If you want to start on timelapse just hit up a cheap-o intervalometer on eBay and start shooting with that—will cost about $30 and you're away. A lot to learn when it comes to timelapse.

I hit up a MacBook Pro earlier in the year too. Got a 15" i7 quad core with 4gb RAM, upgraded myself to 16gb. Steer clear of the Retina Display MacBooks if you don't want to pay for Apple RAM, there is no option to DIY upgrade as it's soldered in.

Have you considered using Adobe Premiere Pro instead of FCP? The workflow is pretty similar and it's bundled in with the CS6 Creative Cloud stuff—as is Photoshop and Lightroom 4. I'm a Graphic Designer by trade so I pay the subscription anyway, Premiere Pro was just a bonus. Licensed for 2 machines for $67/month. Food for thought.