Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Black Supercharged VE SSV Ute

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Not too much to update ordered my oil cooler, will be ordering oil next week and then in 2 weeks or so VCM will call to let me know that they 3.7 diffs in stock and i shall grab one :D

RedhotThunder

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VE Thunder Sv6
Nice ute mate, plenty of work gone in.

Those cruise photos you posted, that green SS with the maloo bodykit moreso; notice the sideskirts are a bit different to genuine maloo skirts? The ventlike part is much closer to the rear wheel. Eye for detail or what :p

Keen to see where this ends up.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute

Those cruise photos you posted, that green SS with the maloo bodykit moreso; notice the sideskirts are a bit different to genuine maloo skirts? The ventlike part is much closer to the rear wheel. Eye for detail or what :p

Thanks mate, plenty more to go in yet :p getting diff n that fitted in 2 - 3 weeks or so, bit keen

Yeah that green ss is off its head lol nearly 600hp at the wheels, without FI, im not exactly sure what kit it is all i know is that the front bar is a w427

Dazzak75

The HULK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute

It isn't meant to represent a maloo, it is my personal concept or project car, if I wanted it to look like a maloo, I would've bought one, or bought the kit,

It is an aftermarket kit, W427 front bar, Maloo replica rear bar, side skirts and Genuine HSV front guards. Walkinshaw bonnet scoop, aftermarket hardlid and custom interior. Producing 555rwhp out of a NA LSX 454.

RedhotThunder

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VE Thunder Sv6
It isn't meant to represent a maloo, it is my personal concept or project car, if I wanted it to look like a maloo, I would've bought one, or bought the kit,

It is an aftermarket kit, W427 front bar, Maloo replica rear bar, side skirts and Genuine HSV front guards. Walkinshaw bonnet scoop, aftermarket hardlid and custom interior. Producing 555rwhp out of a NA LSX 454.

Yeah that's cool, I wasn't "dissing" or anything, just wondering about the workmanship of Street Commodores I think it is (whom you said you bought various parts off, in this case the skirts). I have seen their adds and they are advertised as replicas with photos of genuines in the display. Seems misleading if infact the product isn't the same that is all.

On another note, I found your build thread on here awhile ago and also noticed it on ProUtes, engine mod is off its head and tempted me to go LSX... just find it hard to justify keeping the cast iron block N/A when the same money could be put into getting the stock engine to a similar power level. To me LSX screams 1000+rwhp but each to their own of course. That being said, your car sounds incredibly unique for a newer model car and maybe thats what you were after.

Again it was never meant to be a jab or anything and I apologise if it came across that way.

Dazzak75

The HULK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Yeah that's cool, I wasn't "dissing" or anything, just wondering about the workmanship of Street Commodores I think it is (whom you said you bought various parts off, in this case the skirts). I have seen their adds and they are advertised as replicas with photos of genuines in the display. Seems misleading if infact the product isn't the same that is all.

On another note, I found your build thread on here awhile ago and also noticed it on ProUtes, engine mod is off its head and tempted me to go LSX... just find it hard to justify keeping the cast iron block N/A when the same money could be put into getting the stock engine to a similar power level. To me LSX screams 1000+rwhp but each to their own of course. That being said, your car sounds incredibly unique for a newer model car and maybe thats what you were after.

Again it was never meant to be a jab or anything and I apologise if it came across that way.

Thats ok mate, no offence taken, just wanted to clarrify that is not meant to look like a maloo.

If I was to do it again, would be a 427ci 4ltr whipple combo from the states, it is actually cheaper to do that than the way I went and would make an awesome combo, amazing the contacts you make when you are doing something before you do the research and see who does what and for what price, I almost cried when I got quotes from the states for the same build or maybe even better too.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute

Hey dazza

Is that 555rwhp from the final tune? thats pretty sick, btw i wont be on that cruze 2mro, as i will be hungover as shite

Getiing my diff, n oil cooler upgrade done soon, then its saving for heads! :D

Dazzak75

The HULK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Hey dazza

Is that 555rwhp from the final tune? thats pretty sick, btw i wont be on that cruze 2mro, as i will be hungover as shite

Getiing my diff, n oil cooler upgrade done soon, then its saving for heads! :D

Yeah that is 555rwhp and 900nm torque from the final tune, and so much easier to drive, the readout from the tune in Cairns was re done donw in Mackay, and it cam e out at 408rwkw, not 466rwkw as initially thought it was, but I am very happy with the drivability of it now, much easier and not as violent on the drive train as it was before.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Yeah that is 555rwhp and 900nm torque from the final tune, and so much easier to drive, the readout from the tune in Cairns was re done donw in Mackay, and it cam e out at 408rwkw, not 466rwkw as initially thought it was, but I am very happy with the drivability of it now, much easier and not as violent on the drive train as it was before.

Sweet sweet, look forward to seeing it again! least its finally sorted for ya and must hook heaps better too, have you changed your diff or is it original gears?

Dazzak75

The HULK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Sweet sweet, look forward to seeing it again! least its finally sorted for ya and must hook heaps better too, have you changed your diff or is it original gears?

It does get up and go better now, spins 2nd on the move quite easily, the diff has been replaced with a Harrop Truetrac 3.7:1 ratio, the gearbox, tailshaft and drive shafts are still stock, might look at upgrades to them at some stage.

Yours is coming along nicely, when are you doing the diff gears on yours? Make sure when you fit the oil cooler, you actually get it in the bottom part of the front bar for maximum air flow, not where they fitted mine, I am going to look at changing the location to get more air to it to lower the temps even further,