Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My brand new Ve SV6

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
i love the sound the way it is though dont really want to quiet it down just need to keep it quiet at times. Just need to know some muffler stores that will sell the varex mufflers only.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
CHE sell varex seperate so do sureflo but given the varex retail for $400 a side you'll be hard pressed to have them fitted for less then $900. from memory Roonstain had these on his omega and sureflo were the cheapest at around $1000 flat fitted he got the price down by just getting them to bend weld and fitt he wired in the butterfly motors and controller himself. i think he even cut the holes in the boot floor himself.

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
Thanks for that monaro. I just wanted to get them under 900. I had planned for installation to be extra.so that's fine.
Thanks again monaro.
Cheers

Last edited:

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
Nice car

EnFoRcEr_001 - Nice car mate; well done for saving your arse off and getting a VE:thumbsup:

Dale Mulej

Dale Rangah Mulej
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute L98 419.2rwhp
I took the mufflers off my ute just for now until I get my Exhaust up here to be put on. Sounds better than them being on 'cause they just sound like a bloody fan when you hammer it.
Also I would suggest AAMI for insurance aye, I am 19 and got hit up $2600 for my full comp insurance and I only had my license near two years now. And I am also the only driver on the contract.

Shrubo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Well if we're discussing insurance, I'm a 21 year old owner of a VE SV6 ute, living in suburban Adelaide. My full comprehensive insurance through Just Car is something like $950 a year.

I am a rating 1 though which probably helped me out.

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
LOL wow ok all this insurance talk is depressing me. My area must not be any good then. Taking some time off work and all in the next few weeks hopefully to get a few things done like the exhaust and mufflers and bluddy tints that the dealer ****ed up on when i got the car.

OZChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS Sportswagon
Can I ask why you decided to take the HSV mufflers off?

Caity05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6
Nice car Enforcer, mine will look something similar, I think. Hopefully getting it this week.

Also, thanks for the insurance tips guys - have been shopping around myself but think I'll do as suggested - register the car in my name but have Dad as the main driver & myself as a secondary driver. Suncorp wouldn't insure me for it on my own - it's considered high performance - so was going with NRMA but might head back to Suncorp under Dad's name - it'll stay Rating 1 and be a lot cheaper for me!

Caity05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6
Update on the insurance - didn't go through Suncorp in the end (with Dad) - as soon as he said that the secondary driver would be U25, they refused point blank to insure me.

Cheapest quote I found was AAMI - $872 p.a. + the windscreen replacement dealio + $500 excess + age excess. You can quote online & it's cheaper than what it would be if you rang & spoke with someone - saving labour costs, I guess!