Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY Butterfly VR

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
lol at tailgating.. i was actually turning left via a sliplane and lady in the front was as well altho she actually was wanting to stop in the no standing zone of the intersection ( shes was trying to park on the left hand side of the road 2meters from the slip lane in the left lane of sydney rd) so i wasnt so close to be honest... lol and my rims there suppose to be mock up VE GTS... but they just different all 2gether... and the photos... they havnt been photoshop i was with the photographer when they were done and he showed them to once they were taken ( digtal camera worth $14,000) ... a lot of people have said they have been photoshop which the photographer has told me its called light some thing something... al i know to be honest with you is he positioned my car, clicked the camera once then 'scaned' my car with a fluro light for about 1min then went back to the camera and clicked it again... its something to do with shutter speed i believe...

Light painting. These images still look hit with HDR. Just because you seen it on a small LCD screen doesn't mean things aren't changed afterwards.

I am yet to get the HDR effect simply by using different lights. This is why I said it, most guys who light paint get much more clarity to their images.

I knew they were long exposures, but you still get much more clarity out of using a $100 kit lens and a $800 camera body which is why I said they were HDR.

What camera is it to be worth 14k? Even a 1Ds MK III isn't even close to that.

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
Light painting wont get that effect.... Thats definatly HDR, light painting will get effects like this....

DSC_0184-53.jpg

DSC_0182-51.jpg

14k for a camera doesnt mean the photos will instantly be good. Ive seen photos from a $300 point and shoot that can rival a pro setup, and having the gear doesnt make you a photographer! Those small LCD's arnt great for much, might look good on that 2.5inch screen, but put it on a proper LCD and things arnt what they seemed..... Minux can back that up....

(Can i have your number for next time im in melb ;))

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Receptionist? That still pays well right?

You own the VE? Why dont you tell your fiance that your driving the VE and he can drive the VR? You still gonna do the engine mods to it or not?

I wanna get black number plates to go with my new car... i'll get some photos up soon. First i gotta take some photos, but they'll be coming soon. It doesn't have a butterfly on it though, i'm just not cool enough for that!

Mind you, i must say good choice with the VR, they are an awesome car, and even in a collision they'll keep you fairly safe! Believe me on that one.

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
wooow wooow, hang on, your sayn those pics in Post number 25, have NOT been photoshopped...... right........

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
wooow wooow, hang on, your sayn those pics in Post number 25, have NOT been photoshopped...... right........

Its possible, they could save tif images from a raw program, import into photomatix and do a noise reduction in LR. Thus not hitting photoshop, however, all I am saying is that is not the way they left the camera, they have been hit using high dynamic range,

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
ok, so not using photoshop, u could've used something else?
pic still looks good either way.

maco_butterfly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive '93' 6
guys... all i no is that they have not been photoshoped, croped ect... his a good mate of mine and if you go to his website: www.tangcla.com - photography you will see all his work that have not been touched like mine pics... im not here to argue this... if any one would like answers just go to his website.... and conact him yourself...

i dont lie and i dont like to made out as a liar....

maco_butterfly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive '93' 6
Receptionist? That still pays well right?

You own the VE? Why dont you tell your fiance that your driving the VE and he can drive the VR? You still gonna do the engine mods to it or not?

I wanna get black number plates to go with my new car... i'll get some photos up soon. First i gotta take some photos, but they'll be coming soon. It doesn't have a butterfly on it though, i'm just not cool enough for that!

Mind you, i must say good choice with the VR, they are an awesome car, and even in a collision they'll keep you fairly safe! Believe me on that one.

lol nar mods atm is to just keep the car on the road and clean... wanting a vortex supercharger but ... i think after this accident and all it ant worth it... besides if i want power ill just take the VE out for a spin... my partner wants to put a kappa charger on it but he knows that will void the warrenty and all so yeah no mods 4 the time being... iv become lazy as... actaully cum to think about... i wouldnt mind electric windows and to upgrade my seats.. lol

maco_butterfly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive '93' 6
tangcla has sent this to via an email :

The photos aren't HDR'd, it's a single exposure. I like your lightpainting photos, however I shoot a soft light through a double-diffused softbox, hence it looks HDR. I can assure you (actually I'd be willing to bet that SLK in your photos, plus some more) that it's single exposure, and the only alterations I do in postprocessing is white balance and the occasional brightness/contrast tweak.

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
I have seen lightpainting that resembles the pics of this car, it's an odd effect, you don't see it often because a lot of people try to avoid it

By the way, you can do pseudo-HDR with a single exposure, if it weren't for the comment about almost no post-processing then that could still have been an option :p

Either way, it's an interesting effect... I would've sided with Minux, I would've been fairly certain it was a HDR composition.

Not a bad looking car too :p