Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My car squeaks..and it drives me nuts!

rwdv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
So,

I've got a super annoying squeak whenever I hit even the slightest bump. Sounds like its coming from the parcel shelf area.

Has anyone had something similar, or is it a trait of the VF? I don't know what to do.. would they consider me crazy if i took it to holden to get checked/fixed?

It's driving me abosloutely bonkers. Let alone anyone who sits in the back seat. Car only has 14k kms.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
There was a post on here recently about windscreen squeaks, may be the rear screen is a squeaker as well.

ChrisAus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2015 storm
Mine has started doing the exact same thing

However sounds like
It’s towards the front it’s driving me
Insane. I thought might of been idler pulley it’s sometimes worst then other days. Noise increases over slightest bump just seemed to be happening during winter.

Let me know if you source anything out as I’m completely stumped and my family say I’m going insane haha

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Spray some silicone spray under the seal edge by gently lifting the lip of the seal off the bodywork on the outside of the vehicle at the top of the front and rear screens. Spray it all the way along the top edge underneath the seal. Did i mention UNDERNEATH the seals. One more time, UNDERNEATH the seals.
On the OUTSIDE of the vehicle.

Last edited:

rwdv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Spray some silicone spray under the seal edge by gently lifting the lip of the seal off the bodywork at the top of the front and rear screens. Spray it all the way along the top edge underneath the seal. Did i mention UNDERNEATH the seals. One more time, UNDERNEATH the seals.
Thanks. i'll give that a go and see what happens.

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Thanks. i'll give that a go and see what happens.

Got some silicone spray in an aerosol can from bunnings, auto one, supercheap auto, repco yet?

Philmecrackun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2L 1972 Ford Galaxie Wagon 400ci
I had a squeak around the dash surround gave it a good bump with the hand and fixed it, maybe the catch on the rear fold down seat might be dry.

daz_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII
Get used to it, my VF2 door started squeaking after 5000 k's, its a Commodore.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
I had an annoying squeak on a car (this is not our Commodores) and it is now reduced by spraying silicone on the area where the door trim meets the dust seal. Have to keep doing it as it dries up and squeaks again.

The guy who is spraying silicone at the base of his rear windscreen and parcel shelf, I hope he bought the spray can that has the fold out (long) straw on the nozzle. Also the straw has to be completely folded out until it locks in place.

TTubrag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
The guy who is spraying silicone at the base of his rear windscreen and parcel shelf, I hope he bought the spray can that has the fold out (long) straw on the nozzle. Also the straw has to be completely folded out until it locks in place.

The silicon is applied ‘outside’ the vehicle, but ‘under’ the rubber weather seal where the screen meets the bodywork. Any length straw will work in that application.