Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My commy questions

Rossbx

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS Commodore Equipe Sedan
I am not sure when Bathurst went to Holden V Ford but a guess would be around '96 or '97?
Bathurst started back in the early '70's and there was 3 classes in the field, A B and C respectively. A class was the V8's B Class was the 6 cylinder cars and C Class was the 4 cylinder cars. The field was kaotic with all makes and models racing. Mini, Volvo, Nissan, Jaguar, Holden, Ford just to name a few. Ford produced the GTHO with the intention of using it only for Bathurst but as Bathurst was a production car race (meaning that the cars were available to the general public to buy off the showroom floor) It was not allowed to compete in the race. The rules stated that there had to be at least 500 cars produced in order to be eligible to enter the race. Ford then made a hasty decision and produced the required 500 cars in order to gain entry into the race. That is how the GTHO was made available to the public. It is the fastest production car of its class in the world today.
I hope ths helps

theperthvan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
That is a good answer, thanks.
That would've been nuts with 3 classes on the track together.

Just with the last sentence, do you mean it was produced the quickest, or it is the fastest in kph?