Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Corolla Project

dzach23

Bra Bra Potato Potato
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina Series 1 genesis blue
Sure it's not a Holden but it's my project, I figured I'd share it on here to motivate me to start and get some pointers for help as well.

Here is my original car 1977 corolla manual
Hasn't been on the road for a few years due to a prang :whistling
The running gear and interior are mint as well as the front panels.
Corolla.jpg

About 3 month ago I picked up a reasonably straight minimal rust 1980 2door rolla coupe manual now-ex paddock bomb, no starter motor, drive shaft, radiator and it's never been started since I've got it.
Corolla0.JPG

My aim is to get the 2 door registered by sticking the running gear from the 77 into the coupe
I would like to keep the spend of this build low, so yes it would be fun to stick a Holden six in this and make it crazy but I'm working with what I got.

What do you guy's think?
Where and how should I start getting this started?
I figured i'd start by ripping out the engine in the coupe and stick the sedans engine in tho get the coupe started, then i can stuff aroung with the body.

...more pictures to come...

VLC86

..stay N/A..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
strip out the 2 door and paint it while it is just a bare shell. Then pull out the running gear outta the 4 door and clean it/fix it as you put into the 2 door.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
looks like a good project i used to have a ke30 2 door rolla project,a ke70 donor car for running gear 4k 4sp manual a mint 1980 rolla 1 elderly owner and a ke36 rolla wagon regret selling them, check out the rollaclub forums theres alot of great rollas on there for inspiration .