Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My daily driven VH

4PLAYN

Reaction score
Well soon to be anyway, thats after i get my licence back :ranting:

Brand: Holden
Model: Comodore (February 82)
Badge: SL

Engine: 3.3 litre inline 6 (LD1)
EFI or Carby: Carby
Transmission: M40 3 speed automatic
Gears (diff): GU4 - live axel single spinner

Body style: Sedan - 790865M
Trim: Vinal creame/brown seats and trim - 1989-94V
Body Color: Yellow - ID005-B
Suspension: Stock standard
Wheels: "Performance" brand wheels :yeah:
Power steering: Yes

Engine modifications: Gas system installed, performance oil leaks ..... makes the air slip around the engine faster creating less friction making the car go faster

Plans for the future: I plan to get an exhaust lined up for the car with some extractors, lower the car a bit, get some mags for the car, VS seats installed on VH rails and all (well most) trim in the car retrimmed and installed, clean the underbody, degrease everything and paint and make sure that everything underneath is where its suppost to be. Also to maintain the car as an undefectable car

Pictures: see attachments

Cheers

Adam

Attachments

• 155-5586_IMG.JPG
    155-5586_IMG.JPG
    618.3 KB · Views: 296
  • 155-5585_IMG.JPG
    155-5585_IMG.JPG
    586.1 KB · Views: 285
  • 155-5587_IMG.JPG
    155-5587_IMG.JPG
    562.7 KB · Views: 260
  • 155-5593_IMG.JPG
    155-5593_IMG.JPG
    432.3 KB · Views: 324
  • 155-5598_IMG.JPG
    155-5598_IMG.JPG
    538.5 KB · Views: 293
  • 156-5601_IMG.JPG
    156-5601_IMG.JPG
    559.6 KB · Views: 298

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
It actually looks reasonably straight. Good to see a VH with a straight stone tray. Rare as..:p

Get the VK indicators. They much better the the big horrible orange ones....

4PLAYN

Reaction score
Yeah i need a few parts for the VH .....

a good condition rear passenger light, clear side indicators, drivers top window channel, either the rips in the vinal seats retrimmed or get VS ones modified to suit the VH Get the gas tank updated (last tested in 1990 ... ran out in 2000) ... also need to get the bar that holds the boot up on the passenger side ... i hate it when you move the wooden block thing and it smacks you ing hte head.... might also need a top section to the dash to hide or replace the plitted one .... looks fairly ugly ...

Just a reminder .... i pulled off the passenger side door strip as i was washing the car. I dont know if it looks better with or without the strip. Also my bonnet and doors are slightly ajar aswell as the boot ...

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
not bad mate. give it a good paint job and she'll look sweet as?

4PLAYN

Reaction score
Yeah $900 for a closed door spray professionally done. Don't know if i should redo it yellow or go back to bare metal then primer then maroon over silver. Obviously the full respray will need the insides of the door jambs done aswell but i dont want to pull apart another car. Closed door spray in yellow?

Lowered on kings

Adjustable panhard

17 inch wheels of some sorts

exhaust (probably stevo's)

Disc'd diff will try for LSD aswell

These are plans for the next 6 months.

Nothing in a great hurry at the moment. Wouldnt mind getting the car looking pretty first :)

Adam

p.s. Cheers for the comments guys ... keep them coming

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Very nice mate, a good starting point to, even when u get your liecence back.. just keep it this time :)

If you had your own tools for painting, you could possibly cut that price in half depending on the type of paint..

Do you have drums on the rear? i do myself and find them alot better then disc :)

Need some cheap mod ideas mate give us a buzz and i'll help you out :)

4PLAYN

Reaction score
Thats what i was thinking. IMO and probably 100's more opinions, discs are better. bigger the brakes the better stopping you have.

Cheap mods? Shoot away :p

On the point of doing the painting myself, i have got a air tank and lines and a gun, also got about 20 litres of thinners, but i would just like the satisfaction that the job is done properly. Also if its not good i can take it back and say "fix it" :thumbs up

I got a SLR5000 Scoop that i was going to fit to a mates Torana but due to a minor bingle with the back of a truck i still have it hanging up in the shed. Should i fit the scoop before painting or would it be a pointless modification?

Thanks all

Adam