Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Dilemma - VY Berlina - Used V8 Wagon or new V6 Sedan?

Rombles

HSVDT #1
Reaction score
Website
rombles.msn.space.com
Members Ride
HSVDT Limited Ed'n Z Series Clubsport #8-6.0L/M6
I think I've finally got my wife hooked on the idea of updating our VT Berlina, replacing it with a VY.

Thing is, where we've been looking, for about the same price, we can either go for a 2nd hand (Ex-GMH) 2003 V8 VY Berlina Wagon (27000km on the clock) or a new V6 VY Berlina Sedan, with 15km on it. I really really want a V8, and am not fussed either way about the Wagon, but she likes the idea of a NEW car (didn't know that until we looked today!) I think the wagon is a Series 1, and the new one obviously is a Series 2.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Which way would you go faced with this same dilemma?

S

scott8888

personally i would go the V8 wagon.
is it auto or manual?
Scott.

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
i have a vx 5.7 (v8) and in my opinion v8 is better than a v6 in many ways it goes 'ard'
and it gets pretty much the same fuel consumption (measured against a vy v6) and you got 2 more cylinders and a extra 60kw or somthing....

go the v8 mate you wont be disapointed

Rombles

HSVDT #1
Reaction score
Website
rombles.msn.space.com
Members Ride
HSVDT Limited Ed'n Z Series Clubsport #8-6.0L/M6
Both are Auto - I'm too lazy for a manual, plus I've got to teach my wife to drive it, and I don't know how I would go teaching her in a manual......

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
They both sound like good cars, but have a look around at other dealers you might find something that you'll both agree on.

Have fun!

philscat

Reaction score
V8 & a wagon? Too good to be true. As for the wife driving it - Nooo way!!!!!! This aint no family car - its mine!!!!!!!

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
i would never buy a new car, only a few years old. they depreciate like hell first few years.