Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My first car 2004 VY Executive S2

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
do you want power or just noise?

seeing as its only a 6 cylinder you wont get too much power so you can do what most people do and get a 2.5 inch cat back sports system for a few hundred dollars, has a tad more power but mostly just noise. you can add a hotdog or something in there to make it a different tone at different revs.

ColdCash100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Thanks for the suggestion mate, much appreciated.
I would like more power but i dont wont it to be loud when cruising.
I only want it to be loud when giving it a bit.

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
yeah cat back will do that. not too expensive either

when you gun it it roars but when you take your foot off (to go past cops lol) you cant hear it at all :) some people say its droney a bit but im not sure how to fix that (not my area of expertises just speaking from experience)

something like this : REDBACK 2.5" CAT BACK EXHAUST VT VX VY V6 COMMODORE (eBay item 170553215968 end time 13-Feb-11 11:22:42 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats
would do you great, and if you trust your skills its pretty easy to fit yourself.

2002VY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY Exec
The redback one the esca_ByDesign has linked to is what ive got on my vy. With a hotdog on the rear. Its got a nice sound too. It is a bit more droney than the 2.5" sureflo exhaust i had on my vt but it sounds beta..Its not super loud but ya sure can hear it. But once ya take ya foot off, ya cant hear it usually.

ColdCash100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hey mate is it because VY series 2 have two catalytic converters?
If so what type of exhaust should i look at getting?

J

JUDDO13

you can get a full exhaust for around 1300 ish and that would include a set of extractors hi flow cat and a 2.5inch cat back echaust thats what i have done on my vu it sounds great not tinnie like some v6's quiet down low but when you boot it its loud

CORNYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ
hey mate... just looking into proseat's myself and wondering if you still have the e-mail about installation, just looking to get a fair idea about it before proceeding. so was wondering if you could forward me the e-mail. thanks in advance
e-mail - [email protected]

ColdCash100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Just a quick update got a custom 2.5 inch catback exhaust about a month ago.
I also got stainless steel hi flow cats because the standard two cats were stuffed.

Here are some pics.
IMG_0889.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0888.jpg

Last edited:

ColdCash100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Here is how the exhaust sounds.

[video]http://s1107.photobucket.com/albums/h398/ColdCash100/?action=view&current=IMG_0900.mp4[/video]