Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My first car - VK Berlina

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
nice set up man the subs thump car looks great keep it up

SUSPECT

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.calaisturbo.com.au
Members Ride
SUZUKI GSX-R 1000 k8
VK-Berlina5.0 said:
hay man nice car, did you know that sports steering wheels are defects?
my mate got pulled over once and got defected for having a sports steering wheel.
the only sports steering wheels that are legal are the ones that come from factory to suit that car...eg: brock HDT momo (very rare)
just letting ya know

yes that is tru about the steering wheel been defectable but u can also get a isotta wheel which are 100% legal.... but on that ive heard of people getting defected even with those expensive wheels, doesnt really matter getting done for sports wheel in fact its actually a good defected cos they will usually just see the wheel and get you for that, rather than see ur car is too low and give you a nice regency defect.

This mayb different in other peoples cases but ive found cops just go for somthing easy and if u want that somthing easy get done for steering wheel as 9 times out of 10 its just your local police station defected :thumbsup:

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
gayytw4.jpg

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
well what can u say..... the car was the perfect stance and the coppers see it as too low, pffft go pick on real problems like baged up padic thrashers on the road not well mantained cars that are looked after:ranting: this stuff just really gets to me

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
it sucks so bad..
i get my P's in a week and i won't be able to drive anywhere..
i'll still have to scab lifts home from school :(
i dont see how ride height is dangerous.. my car doesnt scrape on anything, sure it scrapes on speedhumps if you go over them too fast, but so does my friends completely stock VZ SV6..
my car would handle better, and have more grip than a stock VK so i really dont see a problem..
cops should defect the pieces of crap cars with rust holes all through them, bald tyres and cracked windows instead of well maintained, clean cars that are usually safer than they were stock :(

YSOBLU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB Commodore - Modded
nice car mate.....

big difference in ride height, will do even lower once the springs settle in...

Dont worry about the defect, repair it then get it lowered again, try and raise what ever they detected to be the lowest part of the car....

Or how do they measure and defect you for height in SA