Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My First Car (VR Lexcen)

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
call me negative... but come on... why buy toyota?

Look mate, when i first saw the car i fell in love with it, and i do not have a problem with it being a Toyota. There are a few diffeneces betwen the commodore and the lexcen, but the car is still 99% the same as a commodore, not that it matters. So what if it has different headlight, front bumper and badging, i really dont care. I cop it at school to, and I will tell you what i tell them, I like it, thats what matters.

what makes it so different from you car besides a few visual things. thats a fair stupid comment to make if you know anything about them at all. by way nice car mate, the wheels make it look tuff hopefully she will be lookin sweet again soon.

Thanks mate, hopfully she will be sweet soon. :thumbsup:

SSGEN-3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II, VT SS II
I get people saying stuff to me all the time about my car being a Toyota too. I've had people telling me I should change my car into a Commodore, but I don't see much point in it. The only reason I put Holden tail lights and boot garnish on my car was because I like the look of them better then the Toyota ones, but I have no other problems with it being a Toyota.
I was even showing someone my car and they asked why I put Toyota badges on a Commodore! Lol.

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
I get people saying stuff to me all the time about my car being a Toyota too. I've had people telling me I should change my car into a Commodore, but I don't see much point in it. The only reason I put Holden tail lights and boot garnish on my car was because I like the look of them better then the Toyota ones, but I have no other problems with it being a Toyota.
I was even showing someone my car and they asked why I put Toyota badges on a Commodore! Lol.

I get it all the time, but is always from people who either dont have a car, or have old bombs, so i never take any notice of it.

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
man nice car. but the price for that catback....walk away man, walk away. get the extractors but

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
man nice car. but the price for that catback....walk away man, walk away. get the extractors but

Yeah I know thats way overpriced, ill have a talk to him and try to get it down to $250 - $300 as that is not a huge ask especially considering im spending $400 bucks there on monday, if he wont, i will defently walk away.

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
yeh good. you can get a lukey setup for 250-280

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
yeh good. you can get a lukey setup for 250-280

Yeah he is a lukey dealer so that shouldnt be a problem for him to do. Thanks for the help mate :thumbsup:

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
no probs. hate to see ppl getting ripped off

rpm963

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII V6
G'Day, I noticed from your pictures that you gas converter is high and up the front. This seems like a bad place as it may get airlocks in it. The highest spot in your coolant system should be you bleader valve on top of the thermostat housing. if you have problems with your LPG iId suggest moving the converter to down below on the inner left hand (near side) guard, just forward of the firewall. You will probably have to get a licensed LPG fitter to do it, but that is where it should have been in the first place. have fun. Russel .

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
The gas system is coming out sometime in the next couple of months so im not really fussed by it, but thanks for pointing it out.