Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My first car

Chilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commy

booders9

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Nice car ! When do you get your Ps?
I Had just SL in the rear (until i lowered the front with SL ) and i really like the angle of that. and you can buy some SL pretty cheap these days. I paid 60 for a set.

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
yea mate im fine with it, what is your post code? ill go o the post office and get a price for you mate

Chilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commy
Nice car ! When do you get your Ps?
I Had just SL in the rear (until i lowered the front with SL ) and i really like the angle of that. and you can buy some SL pretty cheap these days. I paid 60 for a set.
Yeah i will be lowering mine too eventually but I think i might replace the shocks too, so will not be so cheap lol. Also I've been on my P's for a little while i just never update this page lol.

yea mate im fine with it, what is your post code? ill go o the post office and get a price for you mate

Post code is 5082 mate

booders9

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Yeah i really should be replacing my shocks.. I just out in some SSL today.. not the most comfortable drive haha

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Hey, all this is my first car, thought it's about time i put some pics up :p

Colour: Maroon (don't know what it's called, fill me in?)

Paint code: F129
Colour: Granada Red Pearl

(some call it Granada Red Mica but it says pearl on GM's books.)

As for ideas:
Drop it (not too low)
Series 2 tail lights
2 1/2" cat back
15x7 chasers with 225s all round
Tint
Rear camber kit (must have for VT)
CAI
After market sway bar linkages
Strut brace
De-badge

First get the breathing right, CAI and cat back.

Next comes handling so sway bar linkages are a good start as the stock ones wear out the rubbers and left like that you will hear nasty clunking sounds.
Rear camber kit is a must have because VT's are shocking for wearing out the inner thread on the back wheels, it will save you big money in the long run.
Strut brace, can be taken from a stock VX/VZ/VY or whatever they come out on. Makes the steering a little firmer you feel the car more.
Some chasers are pretty cheap these days, 225/60 15s look fat and highway max from the wheel deal on the forums are grippy as hell.
Lowing will improve looks and said to improve handling but I didnt notice, probably get it lowered and the rear camber kit done at the same time.

Tint and series 2 tail lights are just for looks, probably come series 2 clear side indicators too would make it sweet.

Keep it clean and try not to let it get too much sun. Dont paint the dash or get any checker plate door trims or stupid crap like that, keep it simple and the resale will be much more for a well maintained clean original car.

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
nice another vt. i say try find a s pack kit. looks so much better (have a look at mine)

Chilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commy
Yay....looks like the head head could be F***ed. Fantastic. Will know for sure what the problem is fairly soon, will update then.

ssv 08 ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss-v 2008 ute
Thats a great first car.....just sold my vt to get my ss and i miss it already.
Was so reliable......