Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my first car...

Conn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 SS ute
i bought this car not long ago after i sold my bike due to work

its a 1996 vs 2 ute 5 speed manual with 138xxx km's

it already has pacemaker extractors 2 1/2" exhaust, cold air intake, k&n high flow panel filter and some cam i was told

future mods im saving up for are...
mini spool, 3.73 diff gears, 1.95 roller rockers, 69mm throttle body, hard lid and tub liner.

the last photo the door handles were shaved on photoshop, was pretty bored... lol

Attachments

• vsute03.JPG
    vsute03.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 251
  • vsute04.JPG
    vsute04.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 222
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 422

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
nice first car man, same as me, the vs manual utes go well, check out my thread on mine, mines on 18s, got CAI, K&N filter and hopefully will have the cat back exhuast on it within the next few weeks, how do u like the note? alright for a 6?

good future mods lined up, im looking for a hardcover and tubliner atm also

you running much for the stereo?

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
nice looking ute mate really like the shaved handles (even if done in photoshop) could be nice mod to get onto:thumbsup:

Conn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 SS ute
the exhaust on my ute sounds awesome... i know some people rkn you cant get the sound of an 8 with a 6, but i have had a fair few people ask me if its an 8 so it must sound like an 8 if people ask me that question. where abouts you located gustov? i have a spare set of pacemaker extractors for the vs if you're after some for yours, they work a treat and makes it sound alot tougher

i have a JL audio 6 inch tube subwoofer, with a coustic 4 channel 200 watt amp and pioneer 6 inch splits... i have a clarion head unit but it isn't all that great. im looking to upgrade to either a mp3 detachable unit or an in car dvd

yeah, i wouldn't mind the look of shaved door handles but because its a work ute i dont see the point...

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
o ok mate thats awesome you running a lukey or redback catback? Im located in canberra u?

i've got a 12 inch earthquake tremur sub 1250w in a custom ported fibre glass box located next to the fuel tank running off a 600w 4 channel xtreme amp that also runs the pioneer 220w 3 ways in the door, all running off the Pioneer deh 6950 ib head deck, goes hard as but has had a fair bit of money put into it