Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My First Inking ..... Props to SimpleSime from Melbourne!!!!!!! (whats your next one)

INNAWE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 5ltr
And what tiny violin would that be? The guy thinks having a tatt is the ultimate pain experience and anyone who doesnt have one has avoided having one to avoid pain. What absolute crap. I choose not to have one because I dont bloody want one, simple as that.

Yes, each to his own. We all face decisions in our lives and benefit or suffer from the consequences. In a place where I get to hire and fire people who are in constant public contact, I wouldnt hire someone with a large forearm tattoo. Others might, I am voicing my personal opinion which although may not be the same as yours, is something I am totally entitled to do. Thats what a forum is for.

And its not only me that lives in the past here, tattoos went out of mainstream vogue years ago. Much less popular than they used to be, just like mustaches. Fortunately when mustaches went out of fashion you could just shave them off.

Thanks for your input.

First off .... wow I didnt mean this thread to turn in to a word bashing so to speak lol.
Secondly .... Im not phased by not being employed by anyone for having a little visual ink, but can I ask why you wouldnt employ someone purly becuase of the tattoo....
If I were to go for a job and had more qualifications than the next person but they had no tattoos, but were a hell of a lot more trouble outside of work. Who would you employ?

Im not trying to start an argument by any means what so ever. Im just trying to understand minds like yours, again im not saying your not open minded but obviously my mind and yours are very different...... so yeah.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
And what tiny violin would that be? The guy thinks having a tatt is the ultimate pain experience and anyone who doesnt have one has avoided having one to avoid pain. What absolute crap. I choose not to have one because I dont bloody want one, simple as that.

Yes, each to his own. We all face decisions in our lives and benefit or suffer from the consequences. In a place where I get to hire and fire people who are in constant public contact, I wouldnt hire someone with a large forearm tattoo. Others might, I am voicing my personal opinion which although may not be the same as yours, is something I am totally entitled to do. Thats what a forum is for.

And its not only me that lives in the past here, tattoos went out of mainstream vogue years ago. Much less popular than they used to be, just like mustaches. Fortunately when mustaches went out of fashion you could just shave them off.

Thanks for your input.
I don't see him having said that a tattoo was the ultimate pain, just that some peeople can't handle it.
You are most definitely entitled to have an opinion, the same as every member.
Tattoo's out of fashion............do you live in backwater QLD under a rock? More and more shops are opening up, every second person seems to have some work done............I would say the opposite of your statement.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
First off .... wow I didnt mean this thread to turn in to a word bashing so to speak lol.
Secondly .... Im not phased by not being employed by anyone for having a little visual ink, but can I ask why you wouldnt employ someone purly becuase of the tattoo....
If I were to go for a job and had more qualifications than the next person but they had no tattoos, but were a hell of a lot more trouble outside of work. Who would you employ?

Im not trying to start an argument by any means what so ever. Im just trying to understand minds like yours, again im not saying your not open minded but obviously my mind and yours are very different...... so yeah.

Its not me that isnt open minded, its a large proportion of the general public. In any kind of service industry, there are standards of presentation that are expected by the customer. Many or even most customers couldnt give a **** if you have a tatt on your forearm.. some however would find it offensive.

Its just basic public service dress standard. Some customers will object to it being there, no customers will object to it not being there. If I am in a position to choose, I will choose to offend no-one rather than a few. I also wouldnt allow nose rings, or tongue piercings. Those at least can be removed during working hours though, so having one wouldnt stop me from hiring someone unless they refused to remove them. I wouldnt hire anyone with a mohawk either...

If the dress uniform of the waiter included a long sleeved shirt, I would allow it, but many businesses have set uniforms with short sleeves, and it simply wouldnt be acceptable to me to risk offending a customer. Nothing personal, I would just consider it to be a sound business decision.

I hadnt intended for any word bashing to happen either, but that little tirade from hunter was just over the top.

INNAWE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 5ltr
I have to agree with AirStrike. I would have to say that more work is walking around than 2 years ago. Especialy on females. People are starting to be more expressive and as for employment, I think they are starting to open up to the thought of ignoring what the person looks like and more interested in what they can do for their company.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I have to agree with AirStrike. I would have to say that more work is walking around than 2 years ago. Especialy on females. People are starting to be more expressive and as for employment, I think they are starting to open up to the thought of ignoring what the person looks like and more interested in what they can do for their company.

Sure. Depending what industry you are working in.

INNAWE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 5ltr
Sure. Depending what industry you are working in.

Again I disagree. Pretty much 90% of restaurants around Melbourne employ people with tattoos and facial jewellery lol
Unless you are paying 100 coin for a scotch I think you will find tattooed people in most places around Melbourne. I cannot vouch for outside of Vic!

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Mmm people are definitely less narrow minded when it comes to tattoos and piercings these days. As for the people that still are, weren't you raised not judge a book by its cover?

HVXII

AWI11
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII Acclaim storm grey
Mate that looks fantastic I love the foot prints that's a great idea

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I don't see him having said that a tattoo was the ultimate pain, just that some peeople can't handle it.
You are most definitely entitled to have an opinion, the same as every member.
Tattoo's out of fashion............do you live in backwater QLD under a rock? More and more shops are opening up, every second person seems to have some work done............I would say the opposite of your statement.

I agree, it seems the more dumbed down we become the more stupid things people do to themselves. You are spot on. As education levels drop, tattoo's rise. Interesting that?

Again I disagree. Pretty much 90% of restaurants around Melbourne employ people with tattoos and facial jewellery lol
Unless you are paying 100 coin for a scotch I think you will find tattooed people in most places around Melbourne. I cannot vouch for outside of Vic!

Interesting, not one of the restaurants we go to has a.) staff with facial piercings that are visible and 2. visible tattoo's.

I see tattoos as more of something for the not so classy. You see them on more of the "bogan" styled class.

Mmm people are definitely less narrow minded when it comes to tattoos and piercings these days. As for the people that still are, weren't you raised not judge a book by its cover?

Nothing about judging a book, it is about presentation...

I do not think any less of someone because they want to make themselves look like crap, that is their choice, I do however have my own generalisations of people who do this. I am entitled to this, just as you are entitled to think they are somehow art or worth doing.

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
Most dumb **** bogans under the age of 25 I know can't afford tattoos! Lol

Stereotype=wrong! Haha