Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My first V8, 06 Calais V 6.0L

clock

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Hi all,

I have never loved something so much in my life :)

Model : 06 VE Calais V 6.0 Litre
Colour : Phantom Black
Trans : Auto
Rims : 20" Supersports
Sunroof
Interior : Onyx Black

Current Mods :
Bee Sting Antenna (Ebay)
VIM (JHP)
Boot Lip Spoiler (JHP)
LED Strip under headlight (Ebay)
HID Low Beams (Ebay AeInternational) - these are yet to arrive in post :)
LED Parkers (Ebay)
Nice and Dark tint :)

Future Mods: I would love to get some replys and ideas from everyone from experience and looking at photos as this is my first v8 and first car that is worth spending some serious dough on :) but below is some things i have planned, please advise me if good ideas or not !

HID Foggies (Ebay AeInternational)
Tune (ozTrackTuning)
Duspeed OTR (ozTrackTuning)
Exhaust - I have NFI about exhaust and do not dare start another exhaust thread so any advice here would be great... theres too much info on them and it gets confusing lol
Lower it a little? big question mark here im not sure what do you all think? it has the FE2 from first owner so a tiny bit lower than normal already i think.

Thanks for reading please let me know what you think, and once again im new to this world (and in love) so any recommendations/advice are very welcome!!

Attachments

• IMG_20110806_154225.jpg
    IMG_20110806_154225.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_20110806_154251.jpg
    IMG_20110806_154251.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_20110806_154957.jpg
    IMG_20110806_154957.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_20110806_155259.jpg
    IMG_20110806_155259.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 697

ssv183

BAZINGA
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV CBR1000rr
looks great :thumbsup::thumbsup:
lowering a little would look good and definatley do the exhaust, otr and tune.
Keep us posted, i think the statos look tough if done right and your definatley headed in the right direction imo

clock

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
cool thanks mate, love the pics of your ute btw very tidy :D

So if i was to lower.. just a tiny bit what would you reccomend ?

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Check my ride. Mines lowered around 30mm which is enough for me anyway. Great choice on tuner and otr, steve's a great bloke and i highly recommend him. I drove 12 hours for him to work on my car and wouldn't take it anywhere else. Start with your exhaust, i would get a full system if you could. Then your tune and otr to finish it off, that will get you around 260 rwkw. If you want more then cam it! :)

clock

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
hey mate, thanks heaps for advice, ive been following your thread and loving it keep it up the videos are awesome!

So when you say full system, that means not cat back but extractors back? and new extractors also or ? sorry man im very new to this :)

also what springs did you use to get that height it looks perfect i would love to do exact same!

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Full system is headers, cats and catback. Mine's a 2.5" system and i recommend the 4 in 1 headers, they flow better. My suspension is pedders sports ryder. I also replaced the struts to suit and it made the ride 100% better but you can get away with just the springs if you want.

clock

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
cool thanks guys wow my HID's just arrived and i should never ever again attempt to do anything to my car with my zero knowledge, it took me three hours and my back is killing me LOL but they look awesome :D

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
looks good mate, ive got an oztrack tune and there cam is getting put in wednesday, i cannot recommend them enough

Also for an exhuast id get the KPM motorsport twin 3" stainless steel, very nice and deep and burbly not overly loud and doesnt droan either