Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My first V8 Holden Commodore.

Rez_001

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV Wagon Manual
Hi Guys,

Firstly, I am a complete newbie to the world of V8 Holden Commodores but have always admired them from afar. I especially loved the look of the wagon. So after about 3-4 years of looking, I found my true love(don't tell the wife).

It is a VE Series 1 SSV wagon, manual in Voodoo blue(the color and transmission I wanted). The only modifications are the wheels, Pedders Coilovers, and a cat back exhausted. Hope you like it!
myssv.jpg

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
It does look nice,
And they are as smooth as silk to drive.

Treat it nice, and it will last,
Flog it, and it will cost you more maintenance than the wife,
and she will find out your spending your money on your true love.

I’m interested to know, is there any drone with that exhaust fitted ?

As much as I like small mods, they could possibly cost a bit more than expected,
Don’t go overboard,
Drive it and enjoy the ride.

I did read you had coil overs,
Maybe put heavier springs in the rear, because when you put a bit of weight in the back of the wagons, they have a tendency to scrub out the insides of the rear tyres, especially the LHR.
And if you give it a bit of stick, keep an eye on the LHF engine mount, they have a tendency to fail,

Last edited:

Redline457

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF1 6.6 Litre Stroker SSVR A6
Hi Guys,

Firstly, I am a complete newbie to the world of V8 Holden Commodores but have always admired them from afar. I especially loved the look of the wagon. So after about 3-4 years of looking, I found my true love(don't tell the wife).

It is a VE Series 1 SSV wagon, manual in Voodoo blue(the color and transmission I wanted). The only modifications are the wheels, Pedders Coilovers, and a cat back exhausted. Hope you like it!View attachment 265141
Very nice car indeed, looks to be in immaculate condition. Are they Walkinshaw rims ? They suit the car beautifully

Rez_001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looks awesome mate :cool: nice buy, add an otr, headers and tune to wake it up nicely
Thank you a few people have suggested an OTR and Headers as they say the stock headers aren't the best.

Rez_001

Reaction score
Members Ride
It does look nice,
And they are as smooth as silk to drive.

Treat it nice, and it will last,
Flog it, and it will cost you more maintenance than the wife,
and she will find out your spending your money on your true love.

I’m interested to know, is there any drone with that exhaust fitted ?

As much as I like small mods, they could possibly cost a bit more than expected,
Don’t go overboard,
Drive it and enjoy the ride.

I did read you had coil overs,
Maybe put heavier springs in the rear, because when you put a bit of weight in the back of the wagons, they have a tendency to scrub out the insides of the rear tyres, especially the LHR.
And if you give it a bit of stick, keep an eye on the LHF engine mount, they have a tendency to fail,
Thank you for the advice mate.
I baby it so much I don't let it rev past 3k until it's warmed up. If I do mods I will only do an OTR and headers it seems the most recommended and not too crazy. I want it to last as it took me so long to get one in manual.
There was some drone from the exhaust but that went down even more when I added a rubber boot protector mat. Cheap sound deadening :)
So the shocks have 30-way adjustment so if I am going to carry a lot of weight in the back I stiffen them up and it stays pretty level.

Rez_001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Very nice car indeed, looks to be in immaculate condition. Are they Walkinshaw rims ? They suit the car beautifully
It is mint, I should take more pictures of the underneath and engine bay they are like new. It has been garaged its whole life.
The wheels are from JHP HR Racing Star Wheels 20" with Falken rubber.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Thank you a few people have suggested an OTR and Headers as they say the stock headers aren't the best.
You really need to get it tuned too with those mods for one to get the best out of them but also it will throw the fuelling etc out and you’ll get o2 sensor fault codes with the headers