Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Girls Barina Sri

neobristol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
Aside from the VZ wagon I also have this hovering over the burners, my wifes Barina SRI

dsc01078l.jpg

By neobristol at 2011-05-22
dsc01077v.jpg

dsc01076x.jpg

dsc01075f.jpg

dsc01074zw.jpg

dsc01073e.jpg

imageien.jpg

By neobristol at 2011-06-07
img3963j.jpg

By neobristol at 2011-06-05

Mods so far:

17" Penta Rims from Holden XC Tigra
K&N Induction kit
Piper Stainless De-cat exhaust to 3.5" Out rolled tailpipe
Piper 4-1 Stainless Extractors
Drilled and slotted Rotors all round
Ferrodo semi ceramic pads all round
HEL 6 part stainless brake hose kit
Irmscher Grill (yet to fit)

(ordering shortly a complete set of blue silicone hoses)

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Very nice, the last of the good Barinas. :) (before they switched from the Opel Corsa to the bloody Daewoo Kalos)

By the way, I noticed that you've replaced the Barina badge with a Corsa badge...any plans to replace all the Holden badges with Opel badges? Also, post pics when you put the Irmscher grill on :)

neobristol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
Very nice, the last of the good Barinas. :) (before they switched from the Opel Corsa to the bloody Daewoo Kalos)

By the way, I noticed that you've replaced the Barina badge with a Corsa badge...any plans to replace all the Holden badges with Opel badges? Also, post pics when you put the Irmscher grill on :)

I'm going for Vauxhall badges (as I am a pom) did you know Opel are back next year as their own brand?

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Nice little car apart from the cannon! Oh and it is a Holden, be proud of the lion badge blah blah blah!!! :p

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hmm, yeah...Vauxhall badges would go alright, while Opel badges aren't really that common, people putting Vauxhall badges on them seem to be less common than the Opel badges. I might do it to the Astra sometime down the track but for the time being I'm proudly displaying the Lion. :)

And yeah - I've heard that Opel is coming back to Australia next year...it'll be good to see them being sold here again, but disappointing at the same time as I'll no longer have the newest model Astra sold in AU!

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I watched an old episode of Top Gear recently where they revealed that the Corsa was the top selling car in the UK at that time, and gave it a shellacking. They appear to hate most Vauxhalls, apart from the VXR-8 , (and I guess that one doesn't really count as a Vauxhall).

The XC model was a brilliant little machine and Jeremy and Co obviously have no idea just how deplorable some small cars, like the current Barina, are, compared to the XC.

neobristol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
Which Astra is it you have the ah?

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, mine's the Astra H, actually have a thread here for it in this forum: Link

As for Top Gear - yeah, Clarkson has always had a hatred for Vauxhalls for whatever reason. Since getting my Astra I can really say that they're quite a good, underrated car...I always wanted my first car to be a Commodore, and wasn't all that happy about having to settle for a 4 cylinder, FWD "buzzbox" at first, however I discovered very quickly that the Astra is far from being a "buzzbox", and I'd imagine that the same is true for the Barina. While I've never driven, or even been in a Corsa, I have been in a current Barina (Daewoo Kalos) and was far from impressed with how cheap and nasty the car felt, and imagine that the overall fit and finish of the Corsa would be an entire class above that of the Kalos.

neobristol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
I love vauxhalls my first car was an Astra mk2 sxi 1.8 8v it used go like a scalded cat! My plan is once our house is finished being built and I'm not paying mortgage and rent I'm gonna buy an Astra VXR as a weekend play thing, and keep the dore for work and towing a caravan when we holiday.

neobristol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
Nice little car apart from the cannon! Oh and it is a Holden, be proud of the lion badge blah blah blah!!! :p

I know large tips arnt for everyone but quite like it, is a really good system and sounds nice too!