Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Grandpa's 1990 Holden VN Executive

original-1990-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VN Commodore Original
This is my grandfathers 1990 VN which has just clocked up 100 thousand ks's since new. He has every book and receipt for the car including the delivery details and forms. It has factory: cruise control, electric arial, FACTORY EXTERNAL SUN VISOR, rear venetians, holden commodore mud flaps, nudge bar, bonnet guard, door weather shields and auto. The interior is absolutely mint and has had sheepskin seat covers on it all it's life. There is only 1 dint in it and has never been involved accident. Amazingly the cassette player works after 24 years. And the hubcaps don't really have any scratches on them. It had the original tires on it until 3 years ago and the rear taillights are like new and have never been replaced.

attachment.php

Last edited:

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'79 VB SL/E 253, VY SS II
Sounds like a time capsule... Please don't turn it into the typical classless VN mang banger, get that ding taken care of and just enjoy it.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
not a big fan of VN's but I am a big fan of seeing older vehicles kept as close to how the mothership intended especially as they age.

photos can be a little fiddly at first but you'll get the hang of it.

Click your usernname in the top right corner then albums down the left pane and then create album on the right.

Once created open the album and hit upload pics. Make sure they aren't enormous pics and you'll be fine.

Look forward to the photos - hope the old girl is garaged to protect the factory rubbers, etc.

original-1990-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
If I get the car seeing it is still my Grandfathers pride and joy I would not dare modify it. Every thing is there and is pretty much mint plus I am not a fan of modified cars.And yes luckily my Grandpa has a double garage and the VN is put to bed every night. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
If you get it, Stick an alarm in it.
Otherwise it'll disappear real fast. Something in that good nick and that easy to steal/break into will be an easy target.

original-1990-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well after many years of me telling my Grandfather to stop driving the VN as a daily driver he has decided to put it away for safe keeping and as a weekender. He has bought another car, another VN, so now at least the green VN is safley away under wraps in the garage with 109 thousand k's on the clock and will be going to alot more meets and shows. The new VN he got is a one owner Gold executive with 137 thousand k's on the clock and has all books which is immaculate.

attachment.php