Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I think it's either a love or hate thing. I think generally younger blokes tend to like black rims. I'm 53 so black rims were only ever stock steelies, often with missing hub caps in my younger days.
I'm glad you think younger guys like black rims, I'm 58....LOL

I think wheel colour also depends on the colour of your car and things like window tint and other features, I don't believe black wheels would suit my Honda if it didn't have dark window tint and black around the side mirrors and windscreen surround, maybe silver would suit it better, but then it would look like every other stocko car out there with silver wheels, OEM or aftermarket

Another thing I consider is keeping the calipers nice and clean, that also gives contrast, I believe the clean calipers, discs and the silver centre caps breaks it all up

I look at things holistically (artsy fartsy)

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
I'm glad you think younger guys like black rims, I'm 58....LOL

I think wheel colour also depends on the colour of your car and things like window tint and other features, I don't believe black wheels would suit my Honda if it didn't have dark window tint and black around the side mirrors and windscreen surround, maybe silver would suit it better, but then it would look like every other stocko car out there with silver wheels, OEM or aftermarket

Another thing I consider is keeping the calipers nice and clean, that also gives contrast, I believe the clean calipers, discs and the silver centre caps breaks it all up

I look at things holistically (artsy fartsy)
Yep 53 and prefer black. Remember once you go there you rarely go back...

Ahhhh, clean calipers... another on the list to sort out, mine are filthy..

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Just phoned local Auto Trimmer for quote on steering wheel recover. Asked what car and model ...

$880
Pay to play

I keep looking at doing the seats, console, door cards and steering wheel in my VX SS, as I want Coulson seats in black leather with red stitching the price is quite astronomical

It will happen, eventually, this year or next, but it a big chunk of change for a weekend cruiser

And it isn't like the Minister for War and Finances isn't going to notice the change, not that is really a problem, as the fix is to buy her something shiny or take her on a trip to appease

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Pay to play
Yeah I spent close to $900 to have my drivers seat repaired, and that was not a full recover, only about eight sections at the most. Nothing good is cheap.

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
What do you think of my upholstering skiils?... :p

Did motorcycle seat not long ago...

Screenshot_20240327_121124_Gallery.jpg

So as I had some left over leather, and a can of the good stuff used to stick the ceiling in, I had a play earlier.

Screenshot_20240327_121012_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240327_121815_Gallery.jpg

Kinda like myself..