Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I do find it perplexing the comments along the lines of ‘if you don’t know, then get someone else to do it instead’. If we don’t have a go, we don’t learn. And if we try and we fail, we still learn!

I’m all for learning, and if that means making some mistakes along the way, then so be it.

Hang in there Paul, I know you’ll get it all sorted.
Considering the propensity to make a costly mistake, Paul bit off more than he could chew. Encourage him all you want to spend money he doesn't have to, you're good at that.

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
I do find it perplexing the comments along the lines of ‘if you don’t know, then get someone else to do it instead’. If we don’t have a go, we don’t learn. And if we try and we fail, we still learn!

I’m all for learning, and if that means making some mistakes along the way, then so be it.

Thanks...:)

As we speak I'm waiting on a TM for $800 to get back and also someone selling one that 3rd gear started slipping so needs a rebuild. Looking at vids getting the input shaft out isn't that hard but do I want to mess about striping TMs.... prob not. The $800 TM includes TC and even gear selecetor and brake pedal... lol.

Just thinking what is it gonna cost to have someone look at it? It'll have to be stripped down at a guess so not gonna, be cheap...

Oh hold on, should've done that from the start, silly me...

Screenshot_20240504_184207_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20240504_184116_Facebook.jpg

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Considering the propensity to make a costly mistake, Paul bit off more than he could chew. Encourage him all you want to spend money he doesn't have to, you're good at that.

But you’re the one who says “I’m going to do…” then takes it to a professional and spends money… and then wonders why something isn’t quite right.

With all the money you have spent on tools, hoist and jacks, you really shouldn’t need to take your car anywhere for work. Or are you just wasting your money on equipment and tools that you can’t, or won’t learn, how to use?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

I find it quite comical @losh1971 agrees with @Jeda over calling quits and getting a gearbox joint to look at it and @losh1971 is the one getting singled out and abused...

Why is that ?

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/my-hsv-clubsport.293978/page-353...Post #3523

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I did see it and was gonna say I'll have another drive tomorrow and see if I can tell either way..

I wouldn't bother honestly.....You appear to be wanting to change gearboxes anyway, so wait for that change over to be done and then see what happens

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
With all the money you have spent on tools, hoist and jacks, you really shouldn’t need to take your car anywhere for work. Or are you just wasting your money on equipment and tools that you can’t, or won’t learn, how to use?
And as I learn and grow in confidence I will use more of the gear I have purchased, more often, especially if I get someone in to help who knows what they are doing that I can learn from by getting my hands dirty. Also apart from a few kits I have used basically everything in my shed. One thing I don't do anymore is jump in head first hoping that everything will be alright, when I don't know what I'm doing. I've been there before and it has cost me a lot of money. Something you obviously don't understand.

Plus I love to collect tools, especially when I find kits at 1/2 or 1/3 of their retail price. I also have plans to have people come over and work on their cars when I have more time than just weekends. And you never know what someone might need to work on their cars and it will be nice if I can say "pop over, I have the gear to help get that done".

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I also love how so many people feel sorry for Paul, and all the money he has manged to waste over the time he has had his Clubbie, yet say nothing about his threats of violence. Goes to show what type of members some of you are.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
And before I see some smartarse replies from certain members, yep I have spent a lot on mine, but it runs great, it's reliable and has been built to take some decent punishment, which is where I have sunk quite a bit of coin into.