Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pauldw500

So new alternator is in. I'm getting almost 14v at the battery but still got the 'alternator' warning on the dash. Battery is showing 12.7v with engine off so alternator is def putting some juice back into the battery, so dunno why I'm still getting the alternator warning. Maybe it'll go as it charges I dunno...

Screenshot_20220529-103731_Gallery.jpg

20220529_102537.jpg

Screenshot_20220529-103112_Gallery.jpg

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Check for DTC’s and act accordingly…

If you haven’t got your VE workshop manual yet, look at the VF workshop manual and follow the diagnostics process for that DTC. VF should be the same/similar as VE in this regard.

Why are you getting Alternator warning message, probably because of a wiring fault… but diagnostics process will help sort it out.

PS: in one of my earlier posts, the copeied text from the link I referenced stated that if the PWM signal was missing the Alternator defaulted to 13.something volts…

PPS: always charge a flat battery using a battery charger before running i5 in a vehicle as it unnecessarily strains tne alternator… and alternators aren’t designed to charge flat batteries.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Here’s a video which may hint at what’s wrong ;)

That is check the wiring (yours is a two wire plug so not the same and the video but check them mechanically and electrically)

P

Pauldw500

So yeah all good, voltage meter on car is back up at 14v ish...

I love my car... :D

Reactions: Lex
P

Pauldw500

I’ve got a good feeling that this car is going to be a well sorted car! It’s nice to see a car improve with time.
Man you've not seen me drive it lol, but no once it's all sorted as it is now I'll be back to cruising around. A little blip on the throttle here and there to get the adrenalin pumping but hopefully that'll do...

P

Pauldw500

So now the boot goes on...

Dunno what why or how but yeah don't see this unless you look from above but yeah gonna swap it out now...

Screenshot_20220529-113318_Gallery.jpg

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
So yeah all good, voltage meter on car is back up at 14v ish...

I love my car... :D
For Gods sake!!! Stop doing that to us. This is like a Home and away drama show! Will it? Won’t it? Shall I? Shan’t I? Can it? Can’t it?
I’m on the edge of my seat eagerly awaiting the next instalment, wondering what will happen next!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.