Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pauldw500

On, tested. No wabbles or shaking of any sort, no pulling to the left or right and drove just fine... Old mate at the tyre place said he likes to put 38 - 40 PSI in these low profile as the wall is so short. Went to servo to pump up the front 2 and servo pump was jammed on KPA so consulted Dr Google and 250 KPA is 36 odd and I'll try that first. Put 250 KPA into front 2 (1 had only 90 KPA in it) but out of curiosity put the pump on the rear 2 that old mate pumped up and 286 KPA and 295 KPA... :eek:.... I let a little out...lol, but tbh he was using one of them things you press into tyre valve and it pops out, you know the ones, they come in a Christmas cracker. I'll warn him next time I pass.

So yeah one wheel does have some rash but not a lot, and just on the edge and I know easily fixable. Other 3 rims are VGC with no real scratches.... RESULT I reckon... :)

Anyway pics of them on...

Screenshot_20220531-144212_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220531-144235_Gallery.jpg

I like altho tbh didn't mind the 20s but this is the go. Even old mate said "Good steel wheel them, not like that rubbish you've just swapped em out for"...

Next is rear window retint then I'll be happy......

....... for now.... :p

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
On, tested. No wabbles or shaking of any sort, no pulling to the left or right and drove just fine... Old mate at the tyre place said he likes to put 38 - 40 PSI in these low profile as the wall is so short. Went to servo to pump up the front 2 and servo pump was jammed on KPA so consulted Dr Google and 250 KPA is 36 odd and I'll try that first. Put 250 KPA into front 2 (1 had only 90 KPA in it) but out of curiosity put the pump on the rear 2 that old mate pumped up and 286 KPA and 295 KPA... :eek:.... I let a little out...lol, but tbh he was using one of them things you press into tyre valve and it pops out, you know the ones, they come in a Christmas cracker. I'll warn him next time I pass.

So yeah one wheel does have some rash but not a lot, and just on the edge and I know easily fixable. Other 3 rims are VGC with no real scratches.... RESULT I reckon... :)

Anyway pics of them on...

View attachment 238256View attachment 238257

I like altho tbh didn't mind the 20s but this is the go. Even old mate said "Good steel wheel them, not like that rubbish you've just swapped em out for"...

Next is rear window retint then I'll be happy......

....... for now.... :p

Be mindful, different air gauges read differently.....

I have 3 at home alone and they vary 5 PSI between them and they barely get used....Ones that get used often and more so abused like servo ones have a greater variation.

So my advise I always give is, grab your own air pressure gauge and use that to set pressures with....

Otherwise, as long as you are happy with your purchase, nothing else matters.... :)

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Old mate at the tyre place said he likes to put 38 - 40 PSI in these low profile as the wall is so short.
I run 40 psi in my SSV with stock 19 inch rims. Feels a bit doughy handling wise when it’s below 40 psi in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.