Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Impulse Blue 2004 VZ SV6

captain_currimundi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
My Impulse Blue VZ SV6

After being a member for sometime and using the forum as a wealth of knowledge I thought is was about time I started a thread for my car. I picked the car up approx 18months ago with about 60,000ks in good condition and have slowly been adding bits and pieces to it.

Model: 2004 VZ sv6
Colour: Impulse Blue
Transmisson:5spd Auto

Current Mods: Slotted RDA Rotors front and rear with Standard RDA pads on rear and Performance Pads on front
2 hole mod, intake pipe from 170 Alloytec and K&N filter
2.25 Twin exhaust
Personalise plates: ZAA299
Interior map lights replaced with LEDs

Future Mods: Wheels(if I ever pick some I like), lowered shocks and springs, stereo, tint.

Just a couple of pics from when i first got the carand one of my engine covers which I've just painted(dont mind the scuff marks haven't cleaned them up yet) will update with some current photos when i get a chance.

IMG_1461.jpg IMG_1456.jpg IMG_2778.jpg IMG_2778.jpg

and a couple more photos of the engine covers, cleaned up nicley.
IMG_2782.jpg IMG_2784.jpg

any comments or suggestion, especially on wheels welcome.

Last edited:

wattles

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6 04
i agree the engine covers look real nice, very clean sv6 mate!

Slipper

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ SV6 A5
whats the intake pipe from a 170 alloytec?

captain_currimundi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Thanks for the positive feedback guys.

Slipper the intake pipe from a 170 alloytec doesn't have the resonator section like the pipe from the 190, allowing air to go straight into the manifold giving better throttle response and a bit more induction noise. IMO for $20 and 10 minutes to fit its worthwhile .

impulsive I've got a 2.25" exhaust of a VZ SS on it now, fairly happy with that. Thinking about removing or replacing the rear muffler to make some more noise, don't want it too loud so not really sure at the moment.

hopfully sorting out some new wheels soon as I need a couple of new tyres and I found out that one of the rear rims is buckled.