Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Link text message to speech. Great feature.

easyrider475

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ute & VF SSV ute
Thats a sweet feature marmack, thanks for the headsup on that.
Works great with iphone4s

BIG_JV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
Its a real nifty feature.
Not many ppl know this, but the old VE series 1 can read SMS Messages too, only when you use a windows phone though. Its more the phone doing the reading than the car, but still cool

markmack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I set it up one night and then forgot all about it until 2 days later when I got a text and didn't know what the hell was going on. Funnily enough I found the info to set it up on the Chevy SS forum site from the states. This is the link to the video if anyone is interested.

How to use Text Message Alerts in a 2014 Chevrolet with MyLink - YouTube

The other funny thing I have learnt from looking in the Chevy SS forums is that there are people in America taking their Chev badges off and badging their cars as holdens. Someone should organise an international swap deal. LOL

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
The MyLink text feature is a bit of a pain, I hate how it has to read out the time and date I received the message, "I know when I received it, it just came in".

2014SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Storm Ute
hmmm I think I need to play more I can't figure out how to get it to work on my HTC

LooLoo18

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6
I set it up one night and then forgot all about it until 2 days later when I got a text and didn't know what the hell was going on. Funnily enough I found the info to set it up on the Chevy SS forum site from the states. This is the link to the video if anyone is interested.

How to use Text Message Alerts in a 2014 Chevrolet with MyLink - YouTube

The other funny thing I have learnt from looking in the Chevy SS forums is that there are people in America taking their Chev badges off and badging their cars as holdens. Someone should organise an international swap

deal. LOL
Yeah when I was in Austin last year for the V8s a guy was telling us he just got all hes holden badges to put on he's Chev he couldnt believe ppl put Chev badges on them here LOL

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
FWIW any bluetooth enabled stereo can read and send SMS via speach using Apple with Siri enables. If a text comes in simply hold the home button (or phone button on the stereo or steering wheel like in my VES2) and say 'read SMS' and same to write one, pres and hold phone button, then say ' Send SMS to (insert name in contacts here) then follow the prompts.

Down side is Siri is pretty deaf and comes up with some interesting interpretations of what you are trying to say, especially if its a noisy environment, like my truck, but works pretty good in my VE

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
Has anyone tried the calling the person that sent the text on the screen that shows the text message? Mine won't work because the number is in a different format. The return text feature won't work either for the same reason.

ejwagon

EJwagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF v6 Calais
Just to clarify, my windows phone is doing all the smarts. Mylink is just passing through the receiving and sending of texts via bluetooth. You can hear the difference in voices between the Mylink and windows phone.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Be great for a few years until phone companies make something new that isn't compatible. :)