Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My MY15 SSV Redline Ute (I love BLACK)

GEN4SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International. VP SS. VF2 SSV
Hi all, I just thought I would show some pictures of my new ute that I picked up a few weeks ago.

The front fascia chrome surrounds were changed to black ones by the dealer and I fitted the black fender vents myself with the help of some threads on here on JC which made the job so easy.

South Melbourne Pedders fit the new springs only last week and I am very happy with the ride so far. I fitted the 3 piece hard lid myself over the last few days and had the bars powder coated. I had a 2.5" Hurricane cat-back system fitted today locally and I reasonably happy with it apart from wishing it was a little louder at idle. It sits pretty much on the legal limit at 4000rpm so I shouldn't get hassled by the police.

Window tint next week as well as paint protection.

Loving driving it at the moment and that shouldn't change any time soon.

Hopefully the photos below work.

Last edited:

GEN4SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks mate

I agree about the wheels, last year when they were released I didn't think much of them by looking at photos but now seeing them in the flesh I am very happy with them and will leave them on.

I have tint being done on Monday and I fitted the aftermarket LED smoked red tail lamps in it yesterday. I love the look of them over the standard ones.

Jordoi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 6.0 M6
Keen to see some pics of the tail lights. I like the smoked look and was thinking a similar thing for mine.
Like the black as well but i could be a bit bias

GEN4SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks fellas

Will hopefully post a few more pics tomorrow with the window tint and the smoked led tail lamps

Last edited:

GEN4SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Keen to see some pics of the tail lights. I like the smoked look and was thinking a similar thing for mine.
Like the black as well but i could be a bit bias

Here are some pics of the Smoked tail lamps and a few with the parkers on.

te_rarawa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS & VF SSV Redline
Ute looks mint mate, I've got the sedan model. I'm in the process of getting the black surrounds to replace all the chrome on the front and sides. We had full exhaust done by Walkinshaw, loving the exhaust note

GEN4SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks mate, your car should look great once all of the main chrome goes.

I had a 2.5" mild steel Hurricane catback system put on and its sounds great too without being to loud. Was going to put a stainless one on but found out MY15 models lost the E85 compatibility so mild steel should be ok.