Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My MY15 SSV Redline Ute (I love BLACK)

te_rarawa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS & VF SSV Redline
Thanks mate, your car should look great once all of the main chrome goes.

I had a 2.5" mild steel Hurricane catback system put on and its sounds great too without being to loud. Was going to put a stainless one on but found out MY15 models lost the E85 compatibility so mild steel should be ok.

Is that due to the stainless exhaust? Our exhaust is full stainless, nothing was said about E85 compatability

GEN4SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International. VP SS. VF2 SSV
Is that due to the stainless exhaust? Our exhaust is full stainless, nothing was said about E85 compatability

I was told that the mild steel would quickly corrode if e85 was used regularly. By the look of it Holden has removed the e85 compatibility on quiet a few models, I wasn't told either about it when I purchased it but there is definitely no e85 sticker in the fuel filler cap any more which the MY14 models had. They just have a e10 one now

Last edited:

GEN4SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Some new pics with the tint and paint protection that has just been done.

R1bloke

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SSV Redline Ute
Ute looks great mate. I should be getting mine this week. But already 3 weeks past first delivery date.

How dark did you go on the tint, who did your paint protection and which one did you get?

GEN4SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ute looks great mate. I should be getting mine this week. But already 3 weeks past first delivery date.

How dark did you go on the tint, who did your paint protection and which one did you get?

I bet you cant wait! Looking forward to see some pics when you get it. Mine was 4 weeks over original delivery date so sounds like a common thing dealers to promise a date that they probably cant meet to get an order.

The tint used was Marathon with 20% on the rear, side quarter windows and I think 30% on the 2 door windows. Pretty happy with it.

I am not sure what paint protection was used as a detailer mate did it with the same stuff as the local Toyota dealer uses.