Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my new 98 vts :D

staind_1603

Reaction score
well i did it, i finally got myself a commodore that ive wanted for so long!!!!

heres the pics :)

the%20vt's.jpg

the%20vt's2.jpg

its a 98 vt and its supercharged, its got 10psi upgrade, 2 amps (one sony one rockford) 2 10" subs (vnet i think they are called) k&n filter, extractors, redback exhaust i think thats everything, and i got it for $11,500 :D but 150,000km :( but still not that bad...

but heres the bad bit, last night me and me mates got together and had a few racers (my mate lives way out in the middle of nowhere and there is never any cars) so we usually drag out there for fun, anyway point of the story is, i raced my mates 2005 magna and i only beat it by one car length, sure im happy to win but shouldn't i be smashing the magna? sorry but i don 't really know that much about cars so maybe im wrong? all the guys that were there said that i really need to get it tuned and then it will go alot faster and alot smoother (im pretty sure they know what they are talking about, they live for there cars?) and they also said that it should be about $250 to get it tuned and then i will be fine......

so my question is, is my car suppost to be alot faster? should it of flogged the magna? is there such a thing as this $250 tune up that will make my car go alot better?

cheers guys sorry about the long and all over the place post!

my car is the blue one ;)

CHEERS GUYS! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
i like it, thats pretty cheap for a s/c too, wat are those wheels called?

staind_1603

Reaction score
Charg'd (sexy vn chick lover) said:
i like it, thats pretty cheap for a s/c too, wat are those wheels called?

cheers mate, they have APEC written on them and with a eagle (bird) logo :)

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
You've got basically the same as me, except mine is stock. I'd suggest two things, that you could have it compression tested to make sure it hasn't been driven too hard. IE does it blow smoke?

And the second thing is is your mates Magna stock? Back in 98 these were basically faster family cars. But if you look at the standard commodore sixes these days put out the same amount of power. Yours would probably put out a bit more than mine, but they still wouldn't put out what they didioi when they were new.

Is yours an auto and your mates a manual? Also if you are just interested in fast starts the diff ratio will make a difference as well.

Good to hear you are being considerate to others though and giving it a run away from others.

BTW, :thumbsup: Your car looks pretty awesome

edit...One more thing, you should try to run the thing on premium unleaded. It cost ,but the engine management apparently takes two tanks before it starts to run properly. Apparently they develop a knock from the squished air heating up. Once the engine management system senses this it starts to control the engine and slow things down...

There is a website that you can read up on this that is for doing up your car but has heaps of info on the technical side of things.

http://v6supercharged.com.au/faq.asp

staind_1603

Reaction score
feg said:
You've got basically the same as me, except mine is stock. I'd suggest two things, that you could have it compression tested to make sure it hasn't been driven too hard. IE does it blow smoke?

And the second thing is is your mates Magna stock? Back in 98 these were basically faster family cars. But if you look at the standard commodore sixes these days put out the same amount of power. Yours would probably put out a bit more than mine, but they still wouldn't put out what they didioi when they were new.

Is yours an auto and your mates a manual? Also if you are just interested in fast starts the diff ratio will make a difference as well.

Good to hear you are being considerate to others though and giving it a run away from others.

BTW, :thumbsup: Your car looks pretty awesome

hey mate, nah no signs of smoke at all :) the only things ive noticed is the car shakes abit if i floor it at any speed. My mates magna is stock its auto but does have that sports shift thing, id say he would of used that when we were racing :) and yer mines auto. I really like the look of it to, its in top nick to which is always good :)

Cheers mate! :)

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
What year model magna? Cause I think you should flog him then! Check out some of the videos on that site and see what SC sixes do to v8's etc!

Mine was $12500, but I really wanted supercharged and sunroof. It's got 180000k's and is little smokey, But i think it may be an oil leak onto the exahaust... I've been giving it a bit, but when I realise tyre prices and fuel costs,I think I will slow up a bit!

The only mod i have is a HSV i want one sticker. but I may buy some decent floor matts and get some more speakers. Yeah I know, way to go wild!

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
Sorry to hijack your post, but I also found some stuff on magna's through WIKI.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Magna#Australia.27s_first_all-wheel_drive_sedan

New found aggression

With the release of the TJ series though in early 2000, the cardigan image was dropped and a new aggressive range was introduced, out there to show Australia that they meant business. The Altera was dropped and some models changed. The line up was:

* Executive
* Advance
* Sports
* VR-X
* Verada Ei
* Verada Xi
* Ralliart

The new range still carried over the 3.0 L however was soon dropped in favour of an all 3.5 range. The 3.5 was slightly modified giving it a power rating of 150 kW, shortly after to 155 kW. The new VR-X and sports now had a better free flowing sports muffler which boosted power up to 163 kW. The new VR-X and sports models featured far more aggressive body kits and meaner styling. Shortly after the TJ range was introduced, the Ralliart was showcased, having been engineered to show Mitsubishi's rally prowess. With updated bigger cam profiles, modifications to the head and recalibrated computer, the new Ralliart produced 180 kW and was available in 5-speed manual or 5-speed automatic. Limited slip differential was also introduced with the Manual transmission. The Ralliart was fitted out with premium gear such as Momo steering wheel and recaro seats, bigger brakes, full leather interior, 17inch alloy wheels and a big rear spoiler to name a few features.

I'm sure these are the exception rather than the rule, but still they got into a bit, down at mitsubishi!:wax:

staind_1603

Reaction score
feg said:
What year model magna? Cause I think you should flog him then! Check out some of the videos on that site and see what SC sixes do to v8's etc!

Mine was $12500, but I really wanted supercharged and sunroof. It's got 180000k's and is little smokey, But i think it may be an oil leak onto the exahaust... I've been giving it a bit, but when I realise tyre prices and fuel costs,I think I will slow up a bit!

The only mod i have is a HSV i want one sticker. but I may buy some decent floor matts and get some more speakers. Yeah I know, way to go wild!

it was a 2005 magna mate, yer i think it just need a good tune and it should go alot faster :) heres hopeing :)

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
Something is seriously wrong with your car or you can't drive.
;)
With your mods, especially the pulley upgrade, your car should be a very quick?

Maybe as people have suggested get it looked at.
You could even check stuff like plugs, leads, air filter, fuel filter, make sure the MAF sensor is clean etc. Your problem could easily rectified if one of the above is stuffed.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
when you say your car shakes if you floor it...could be faulty lead or leads...get it checked....coz like most said you sould blow him away....my old vt v6 stocko was only half a car length with mates 2004 VRX