Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my new car, what do you think??

DRUMMO

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 vk
hey everyone, first up i apoligise if ive posted in somewhere im not supposed to, but ive literally just signed up and im not used to how things work on here lol.
anyways i just bought another car (3rd car now lol) and its a 1984 holden commodore executive, its only got 50,600 original kilometeres and its completely bone stock with zero rust anywhere. the interior is spotless and the back seats are basically brand new ( i was told the original owner of 26 years never let anyone sat on them, and you can tell). what does everyone think? oh its also fuel injected, has power steering, factory a/c, and a am/fm radio. to top it off it came with 11 months rego :p 166329_10150380058705601_868120600_16820368_7020241_n.jpg

Last edited:

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
well I can't tell much from the picture, but it's rare to find a VK with those sort of low kms and in original condition.
Make sure you don't spoil it by fitting stupid sized wheels, cut springs, monster tachos etc

If it were me, I'd either keep it original, or just lower it a tad with shocks to match, a set of 16's or 17's and leave the rest as is.
good find

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Good buy for that price Id imagine she wont depreciate much from here on :)

Any plans or just keep her stock?

DRUMMO

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 vk
Sorry for the slow reply, I couldn't find how I get back to this post? Anyways my plans are to keep it original other then a nice set of mags and lower springs and shocks. If just finished upgrading all the bulbs to newer ones, changing every fluid possible on the car along with new filters all round just for piece of mind. I've also had a exhaust shop remove the end muffler and replace it with a straight with a 2" tip just for a nice note. Lastly I've replaced the steering wheel with a nice wooden one, other then that she's going to be all original. Sorry for the crappy photo, I wasn't sure if I had uploaded it properly so it was just a test more or less, I'll upload a few pics tomorrow for anyone that's interested.

Last edited:

DRUMMO

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 vk
IMG_0489.jpgIMG_0487.jpgIMG_0485.jpg

well heres 3 photos, i cant work out how to get past the maximum upload cap? maybe uploading them to a website and sending the link might be better, what websites does everyone use?. anyway, i got a new diff gasket today, going to change the diff oil and put on my free set of mags i pulled of the vs paddock basher. then play the waiting game till the new springs and shocks arrive.

kwakaman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina / VZ Calais / GSX750F
Photobucket is a good place to store pics. Just copy and paste the image link to get bigger pics. Looks nice and clean, get a venetian for the back as well for the full grandpa spec!

DRUMMO

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 vk
Ok thanks, when the springs and shocks arrive I'll put up some more photos of how she's looking. And yeh I'm digging the grandpa look at the moment, and I think a Venetian would finish it off haha. The only modification I want to do is change the aero plane fan for a thermo fan, I'll be looking through the forums for info on how to do change it but any help would be great.

DRUMMO

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 vk
Update- The new shocks and springs arrived today and have got the rear done, liking the look so far, I'll upload a few pictures tomorrow when the front is completed, hopefully I'll have the 17's on it aswell

DRUMMO

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 vk
image.jpg
Here's how she's looking nowadays. Those front shocks were a pain in the ass. ( the rims aren't that great I know, but they were free lol).

SHU-11Y

Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
'79 VB & '06 STi
nice and no rust.. that's the upside to buying a car that hasn't lived most its days on the coast.

As for rims, have a look at the thread 'another bluey' if you haven't already that VK has a cool set of Holden rims atm, just to get some ideas

btw. The very first pic you posted, is that photo taken at Bathurst?