Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new E3 GTS <3 I just got one

H

harrop.senator

Out of curiosity my dailys also a superbike. Does it still give you the oh **** thrill? My quick cars in pieces and ive gone in a few mates n just gotten the meh feeling is this why you doubt youll modify it?

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Im a hoon so anything fast is always fun but I have to be careful since I don't want to lose my license....again LOL. My bike (R1) is faster but obviously the pull in this car is pretty nice. Like you said though if I wanted to show off and be fast id chop everyone on my bike. Id rather not spend 10k on the car and then have a possibility of engine failure.

Picture time!

Gave it a wash today and I guess the good thing about that is you get to see where all the faults are in the paintwork. I know there are a few but for the price I paid im pretty happy.

kKceBms.jpg
7h4IsbV.jpg
e2kIomP.jpg

So theres a few stone chips on the bonnet
JHQRhXJ.jpg

The front bumper needs a bit of work but what could you expect. Interesting how its cracked the paint though....

vYUizSl.jpg
4nw401d.jpg

And finally, the rear bumper. It seems as if some dropkick has been using a grinder near it and all the sparks have gone all over the rear bumper around the boot area. (this is the rear bumper area under the boot lid)
cpLud6R.jpg

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Pics look great

Yeah i wouldn't do more than a full exhaust, OTR intake and a Tune on a car like this (which would make it more than quick enough for the street)

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Just for anyone curious,

A new set of discs for the 6 pot brakes will set you back $1400 each (left/right)

I don't need to do the for another 50-60,000kms and I think with my company discount I get them down to $600 each. So yeah,just some general knowledge aha

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
1400 each..!!! jees id be getting some 8pot 400mm XYZ brakes for just over 3k

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Id probs check out the prices over all and decide from there, mostly get the brake set though.

On another note, my rear bumper and numberplate area is getting covered by this fine black dust and it looks shithouse.

Anyone else ever experienced this? Im putting it down to the new brake pads. I hope it stops after a while :S

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
looks like a nice upgrade from the old VZ

ASxTecH

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF LSA Maloo
I only logged on to congratulate you on the pickup. Been a long time coming! no doubt you will treat this thing like a new born baby.

For that rear bar and boot buy yourself a clay bar. Might get most of the crap off then machine buffing should fix the rest.+
Don't lie to us all this thing needs an intake and full exhaust. That Ls3 needs to be opened up! what i have done in the past is cut the stock Bi modal pipe off the rear muffler and wielded it onto aftermarket rear mufflers on a full exhaust. That was it still works like factory