Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new MK4 Supra!

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
Why? Lol

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Cause Ari is selling them lol

Not a fan of the colour, though I don't mind the car as far as imports go.

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Chucked on a rear visor today

vy4atyqe.jpg

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Haha still saving for a nice 1jzgte, I spent all my 1jz money I had saved on a trip to fiji.
Money well spent imo but just means the plans of a motor swap have been pushed back

Good things come to those who wait..

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
why 1jz when it has a 2j in it? just turbo the 2j

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
yeah was gonna ask the same thing. surely a head shim and a turbo will be much cheaper than a full 1j? is it just cos of VVT? can you just get the top off a VVt 2j instead?

in all honesty i rate chasers 10000000 times more than i do supras. mostly because the suspension is a work of art, but ive always like the 1J more. seems more responsive to moderate throttle, nicer to drive, less laggy and plenty of punch if you tweak the boost a little.

i dunno. ive been drinking (as usual)

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
for all the parts required to turbo the na motor id run up a bill of roughly $4k without a tune and fitment of parts required that i cant do on my own, also as it is my daily, i need it back on the road asap , so if i have a part fail or it needs to have a part made up to mate with the 2jzge itd be off the road even longer

with the 1j, its a much smoother engine imo (vvti version) more responsive and imo sounds alot better and comes on boost quicker (standard turbo) also can be easily mated with my w58 box and run up to 10psi before i run into gearbox problems

Also the cost is roughly $1-2k cheaper than the cost of turboing my 2jzge with limitless potential. i.e , if i wanted more power out of my 2j after turboing it, id have to change the head, bottom end, fk around with the tune all the time (headache) and would have to spend heaps more than if i just started with the 1jzgte

Just seems a whole lot easier to drop a 1jzgte in and have a motor that already has come out boosted and can be tweaked with minimal cost (compared to doing the same to a 2jzge)