Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new old car project. VK

Gthofan

Wade Cams
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 308 Berlina
Hey guys, Just joined here, and new i had to post up about my project.
I bought this off a workmates son a few weeks ago, with a bit of work already done, but was far too stock for me to keep it that way. BTW, what do you guys think of the rims? they came with it.
7.jpg

It is unregistered, but those plates came with it also, and are for sale too.
10.jpg

Ive always loved the vk shape and syling, and thought it was a great start, already having a mild 308 under the bonnet, but needs a really good clean up. The air intake and coolant/washer bottle were disgusting :(
8-1.jpg

The Interior is really a great point of the car, in very good condition apart from a sticker on the console, lol.
9.jpg

Work started straight away, with a new air filter, and coolant/washer bottle. May have been expensive items, but it brings it up 100%. It was a bit of messing around to get the filter to fit, as the base was hitting basically everything attached to the carby, so i bought another filter, just a cheapie though, only for the base.
4.jpg

Then came Chrome rocker covers, and breather cups, which look fantastic :) It was leaking fuel out of the fuel reg, but thats now fixed.
2-1.jpg

Thats it for now, ive taken more pics, but will upload soon, and give regular updates on progress. Hope you like it, cos i do :smoking:

Cheers
Scott

Gthofan

Wade Cams
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 308 Berlina
Thanks! Its been lowered a bit, sits nice in the back, but could do with about 1/2 an inch, or an inch lower. There are a few things that need fixing though, 2 of the rear wheel studs are wrecked, its got disc brakes all round, so they shouldnt be too hard to work out how to fix.

I put a brand new power steering rack in it too, because the old one was shagged, so sits great on the road, and doesn't have random bump steering which is good. Was a bit scary sometimes when it would jump into the next lane by itself.

DanielGreen

Golden Holden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Commodore 3.3
how much was the car hope you got it for a bargain because thats a nice VK and is that a stock dashboard and center console

Last edited:

Gthofan

Wade Cams
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 308 Berlina
how much was the car hope you got it for a bargain because thats a nice VK and is that a stock dashboard and center console

Thanks :) I think i payed a bit much, $3000, being unregistered, but being a 308 manual berlina with work done kind of makes it a good price. Yep thats the stock one as far as i know, ill put some more pictures up tonight of the interior.
Were the berlina's standard auto? or was that an option? Im stoked that the electric antenna still works great too!

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
Mate

With those wheels, that interrior, 308 Manual in that condition for $3000 I reckon you did okay.

Pete

Gthofan

Wade Cams
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 308 Berlina
Nice car but not a fan of the rims, maybe get some walkingshaws instead :p

Ive been thinking of replacing the rims with "Internationals", i love them :) The rims on it now have to go, but ill find a set of wheels to chuck on it if they sell.

Well here are some more pics of the interior, the sun wasn't being very friendly so sorry for bad pics.

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

And another shot of the engine bay. I will be getting a thermofan for it shortly, Will a 16" be o****ill?
IMG_0371.jpg