Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My New Redline

RedLineMike

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV Redline
This is my new Redline, So far its been poxxy weather to get anymore pictures but have just tinted it and installed some Rapid Exhaust Systems J pipes to the thing and my gosh do these pipes work well!! It sounds like a 6.0l should now!! no drone even with AFM kicks in...Next its getting lowered 35mm.

Redlineee.jpg

SMcC

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV Redline Sedan
Congrats mate, love the colour! I have the same! What % window tint did you have done?
Personally I think the black fender vents and wing spoiler make it look so much better.. I bet your over the moon.,. and you should be!!
Be great if you could post some more pics once she is lowered. Mine is standard too, but living in a regional area, cant justify lowering

RedLineMike

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV Redline
Cheers!! Yeah I got it tinted by solartint here in Canberra, Its the darkest legal tint I could go...the missus cant drive so I thought I better not go limo black hey!!I will keep you up to date when its lowered, I am thinking 35mm all-round at this stage.

SMcC

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV Redline Sedan
sounds good man.. Got mine darkest legal too (35%). Thought about going darker but in the end didnt do it.
Nothing better than a sweet sounding V8!!

RedLineMike

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV Redline
So I have the car lowered on pedders springs now!! 35mm lower, looks great, doesn't ride to much different to standard however does turn well, will take it home via some twisty"s tonight and update on handling.

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Do those J pipes make the exhaust really loud? Any resonating through the car body etc?

RedLineMike

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV Redline
Hey Mate, The J Pipes ordered through rapid exhausts up at fairy meadows are one very good cheap mod!! They don't drone, When AFM Kicks in on some other exhausts it sounds like there's a bunch of terrorists trying to get out of the boot, But with the J Pipes you can hear a slight note change to and from when AFM Kicks in but its barely noticeable. As far as general note of the exhaust it sounds like it has a full system as is not tinny or v6 sounding, Even has a nice burble when slowing down especially in manual mode with the auto gearbox. I recommend it highly if your just after some note, talk to Dave at rapid exhausts as he is a no bull...kinda guy.

Hypnerotomachia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Sweet ride. I might see you around the Can one day - I have a white SSV Redline wagon with the Walkinshaw badging.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Yep I have to agree the VF SSV Redline is a great car.. I have had mine for 2 months and it's really growing on me. I haven't had a V8 since the 80s. The exhaust note makes the drive extra sweet. And the few mods I have done suit what I want out of the car. Holden developing the sportwagon was a master stroke.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Nice ride you got there. That is what I will do if I ever get a Chevy, take the stupid bow tie off !

Here is what Chevy (GM USA) is bragging about.

SEMA car show

2014-Chevrolet-SS-Sport-SEMA-001.jpg