Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My New Statesman {First Car}

RoLLout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
yea haha sorry guys thats my bad yea i ment to put 3.8 lol i dnt kno y i put 3.5...ah yea grand thats aight so single pipe u reckon kool thanks

SSGEN-3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II, VT SS II
Hey mate, nice first car!
I tryed to reply to your pm but it said "RoLLout has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her." So I thought I'd just reply here...
Thanks for the comment. I recon the rims would look sweet on a statesman, would look really nice when its driving too. I've had a lot of good comments about me rims so you're sure to get the same.
I actually got mine off a guy here on the forums and they're basically brand new. Before I bought them I went price hunting for new ones to see what they're worth. One place I went was the tyre factory in bayswater, you can get a set of these rims in 18's for between $1000 and $1350 depending on if your paying cash and your skills in talking the price down lol, and thats with ($hitty chinese brand) tyres, fitted and balanced. He couldn't give me an exact price for 19's but from memory he said between $1500 and $2000. My opinion the bigger rims would look better on a statesman :thumbsup: I love the look when they drive past and the big rims look great.
Otherwise keep your eyes out for a good set of second hand ones, or hunt around at tyre/mag shops a bit more, good luck!
If you go to "the pub" section in the forums you could ask the guys to photoshop some of these rims onto a pic of your car so you can get an idea of what it would look like. Just give them a side on pic of your car and a pic of the rims you want.

RoLLout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
oh did is damm how do u change it so u can receive msg and stuff im new to this site so im not too sure?...yea ive seen some cars wit tha rims and i like them yea that price seems aight will have ta do some shopping tho wats tha name off the rims called?....yea i like big rims looks gud...ah tru did ya thats aight...cheers thanks for that mate!

SSGEN-3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II, VT SS II
Ok, hopefully this will fix it so you can receive pm's. Scroll to the top of the page and click on "user cp". When that page loads down the left hand side in the control panel section click on "edit options". Once this page loads scroll down to the Messaging & Notification section and make sure the check box next to "Enable Private Messaging" has a green tick in it. If it doesn't, click on the box to tick it then scroll down and click the save changes button. Hopefully this fixes it for you, let me know how you go.

I'm pretty sure the rims are monaro cv8-r rims, otherwise when you go price hunting take a pic of the rims with you and they should be able to help you out incase I'm wrong.

Also check this out... HOLDEN MONARO CV8R STYLE WHEEL 19 INCH, SET OF 4, NEW - eBay Other Wheels, Tyres, Wheels, Tyres, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 06-Mar-08 19:31:02 AEDST)
There's a set of the rims in 19's (18's are also available from the same seller) the only problem is they don't come with tyres, but as the seller says wheel and tyre packages are available so you could contact him to find out some prices, otherwise you'd be looking for $200+ per tyre and thats just for $hitty ones, for $250 - $300 you should be able to get some decent tyres.