Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my new VS ute

SprJohno

Sapper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
Hey guys just wanted to show of my new love. got hew standerd with a new engine and suspension. All i have done is put the 20inch rims on and sprayed the break calapers. sorry for the spelling. could i get some tips on what els i could do to it? id like to put on a hard cover and lower it and besides that i dont really know what els. dont really know to much about cars just know which ones are hot and which are not. This one is hot :) let us know what ya think boys cheers

Last edited:

mhoff25

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series 2 ute
nice ute mate, i LOVE the wheels. exactly the sorta wheels i want for mine.

id say lose the clear tail lights... they are cheap and nasty... black altezzas from ebay would look good.

looks like it is already lowered. Once you buy a hardcover get the tarp hooks shaved.

chubbyclubby

chubbyclubby
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs s2
Yeah very nice ute! There are so many things that you can do to the ute performance wise or appearence wise. But when you lower the ute get an adjustable panard bar maybe extractors, exhaust and a LSD!

SprJohno

Sapper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
Cheers boys :) I must say wogboy you ute is mint. any tips on what you got done? so can i lower it my self or is that something for mechanics? how much of a change do extractors make? also i cant seem to mind a hard top under the $1000 mark any idea where i could find some 2nd hand or at least cheaper parts for vs utes? last question any cruises happening in sydney or any boys in sydney who would give me some help with parts and show me how to do some stuff my self. im keen on this ute and want to work hard on it :0 so any help will be much apreciated

cheers boys

mhoff25

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series 2 ute
lol mhoff, saying clears look cheap and nasty but then recommend altezzas (horribleness)

nice ute

look on ebay... those clear tail lights are $60.... cheap and nasty..

look at wogboyz tail lights... altezza... classy as

Last edited:

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
look on ebay... those clear tail lights are $40.... cheap and nasty..

look at wogboyz tail lights... altezza... classy as

OP's is White, Wogboyz is Black.
Just because there cheap doesnt mean they look ****. Personelly I think the clear tail lights look good on a White ute, about the only thing that can pull it off, standard and Altezza lights look so wrong on the white ute.

OP: It looks good, and pretty damn clean. Is it auto or Man, bench or buckets?
Personelly I love the Aussie flag, but not like that, it doesnt look right.
As far as mods go, where to start really. Hardlids are good for lockin yur stuff but a bastard if you want to carry something high, so look for a quick release one. There not cheap though, but just keep an eye out, cheap ones come up from time to time.

I wouldnt lower it anymore, it sits quite nicely and still have ground clearence for **** driveways and speed bumps.

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
Looks like the aussie flags are making a come back..They were doing the rounds in the early 80's..

SprJohno

Sapper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
Cheers mate. Bad news guys :( i hit a curb and my rear left rim has a nice big dent and scratch on it :( im so devo right now..

any way so you say the lights are **** ay? sorry to say but tom is right, out of all the rear lights out there the only one that looks good on a white ute is the clear ones, the black ones stick out like dogs balls and throughs the cars mintness of.

all i know for specs is its an auto 3.8L 1996 vs ute.

Id like to lower at least the rear down or gets the airbags system in. So what do extractors do and how much? I just got it back from the shop getting a service, new brake pads and got the brakes shaved due to some strange ass noise they were making. i now need a new starter motor due to the car having a cry for 10 seconds befor it starts. Also are blue globes legal and if so where my i get some?

So what are some cheap little mods that will change in performance?
i believe it has some kind of sports egzaust and a new engine so besides that its stock standerd.

Also could i get some info on the hard plastic lining for the tray? wogboy has it in his ute and iv come quit fond of it and would like to get one for my ute. i also need a new tailgate (white) due to a nice hand sized dent. Any ideas where to get cheap ute parts?

I find only saturdays are free due to me being an engineer in the army so i cant spend to much time on it :(

so far the help is good guys thanks alot

keep it coming

anyhelp is much apreciated.