Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my new vu ute

agrocm

Reaction score
its a v6 mate but teh one reason for that is im 17

djvsa

Reaction score
its a v6 mate but teh one reason for that is im 17

fair enuff dude, just my opinion thats all, nothing against your car, they are the same shape anyway, bet u cant wait to get into an 8 later on hey? believe me its worth the wait

agrocm

Reaction score
i dunno id rather a 6 for now maybe trade it in on a new ve or series after ve ute

agrocm

Reaction score
i will get some more picks posted when i get the ute i think for th plates i might get vu-22-nv as its cheaper to have letters numbers letters. i wanna start ticking off some of the mods when i get her next week they will be
1. cold air induction

2. tints

3. power window converstion (including interior door panels off the same model with out hole for the winder plan is buy 2 complete doors with interior and power windows and swap them over and just sell the new doors i buy with old interior panels.)

4. send the console surround and dash surround and a few other lil interior bits away to modicoat to get finished in piano black plus other parts in a candy blue for contrast.

5. the door trim material inserts while i have them out doing the windows my mum is pretty handy on the sowing machine so ill take the other material off use it as a template and get her to make some out of leather probly blue leather to match the theme im going for and maybe take it to a stiching place in town and get wateva my number plate will be stiched in. this idea i got from the vq statesman called "the statesman" he made a custom center console and it was awsome btw and had "the statesman" stiched into it)

6. while im at a wreakers finding some doors ill look around for some leather seats (electric ones but ones with out the 3 postion memory as i can use the new tracks and have moving seats both sides. i am goin to leave the old seats in and get my mum to un stich the old leather off them and use it as a template and get her to redo them in blue leather down the sides and the middle bit in black leather than like the door trim get the heat rest stiched with my number plate. than the old leather that came off the electric seats fit them onto the old seats and sell them :w00t:)

7. get a blue dash insert and put that in.

8. get onto knox carpets and see if they have moulded carpets for vu utes in a blue and get them to put the vinal foot rests in once again with my number plate on the vinal foot rest

9. take my engine cover off and get out the old spray gun and paint it in a blue and black contrasting design i am thinking black all over than all the rasied sections like where it says 3800 paint in blue

this should all keep me busy for a while i wanna get the interior done first befor going out on mods i thought seeing as i dont have alot of money to spend as yet any ideas or things u wanna add is very welcome such as im having second thought about putting my number plate over everything is that just tacky should i put something more like holden ute or commodore or vu ute on instead ?
cheers chris

Last edited:

agrocm

Reaction score
i picked these plates as they are alot cheaper vu02nv i think they are ok cause its vu 2 nv and its also a 02 model so yeah

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    137 KB · Views: 231

georgeonboost

clutch it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed VP EXEC
nice ride man. will look sick once you have done all your mods that you have planned. goodluck with it.

-George