Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My New VY Calais

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
This is like a Bro Town reunion :D

I know what it's like not to drive your Holden.....i look forward to the end of my working day just so i can drive my Commodore home.
I get that too, cant wait to have to drive somewhere so i have an excuse to empty my fuel tank :p

Also I quite like thoughs rims. Pretty awesome. But a calais is a classy car not sure they would suit.

te_rarawa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS & VF SSV Redline
This is like a Bro Town reunion :D

I know what it's like not to drive your Holden.....i look forward to the end of my working day just so i can drive my Commodore home.

Hahaha yea hard out, I wanna go for a cruise up the west coast and check out the beaches. It's the best weather for it at the moment

b_lake1

Salt Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
5.7L VY Calais
The west coast of the north island? haha, nah Ive sailed around the west coast of Australia and it is beautiful. Too bad its difficult to find a place to swim with all the creepy crawlies and what not. lol.

Also I quite like thoughs rims. Pretty awesome. But a calais is a classy car not sure they would suit.

Yeah I do get that vibe from them as well, i do think they would suit a SS or something of the kind better, but its hard to find a set I really dig at a price I can afford, and still being different from the rest. Anyway, thats the least of my worries, My brothers shop reckon they can get the wheel repaired.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
those rims look good, but in matte black they will probably always look dirty.

Ive sailed around the west coast of Australia and it is beautiful. Too bad its difficult to find a place to swim with all the creepy crawlies and what not.

we have sharks everywhere over here in WA. the state government is actually going to start baiting and killing them because of the amount of shark attacks we have here even though they are a protected species in western australia.

what does "chur" mean? is that like when kiwi's say "choice"?

b_lake1

Salt Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
5.7L VY Calais
those rims look good, but in matte black they will probably always look dirty.

we have sharks everywhere over here in WA. the state government is actually going to start baiting and killing them because of the amount of shark attacks we have here even though they are a protected species in western australia.

what does "chur" mean? is that like when kiwi's say "choice"?

haha it sort of universal. Hard to explain but can be used in all sorts of situations. Similar to the way we use "choice". Examples of the use of "chur" - "Chur bro thats mean", "chur bro", "chur, of course"... kinda get the picture.

b_lake1

Salt Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
5.7L VY Calais
R.I.P to my girl. Have received word from my insurance company that it would be cheaper to have her written off than repair. It is a sad day for me. I'll just go sit in the corner and drown my sorrows. Happy new year team. New Year, New V8.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
so it's getting written off? is this from the dog and fence incident?

I weep for you my friend

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
That's a shame mate,my condolences...I suppose they evaluated almost a full respray(costs boatloads retail price),panelbeating,parts etc....

Buying it back from the insurance company a consideration at all??

Last edited:

B-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Calais S2
yeah id buy it back
i bought my calais written off just have to get inspection now, saved about 4g over buying undamaged

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
reckon I would too! especially given the OP's family connections in the right fields of expertise.