Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Old VK

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
A few of you here would have heard me talking about my old VK. Here's the rundown.

About 3-4 months before I got my L's my parents bought me a FACTORY STOCK VK Berlina for me. This came with Bonnet/Roof respray, and a legitimate 80,xxx K's on the clock (all books and records confirmed this). Engine/Panels in A1 condition, apart from near the right indicator there was slight to mild "birds feet" paint cracking.

When I got my P's, this was my hobby car. Exhaust died in the ass, so a 2.5" Sports setup was put on. I put on an AutoTechnica steering wheel, and changed the Factory stereo to 6" Parcel shelf speakers, and Kenwood CD Player (which I still have in my bedroom).

I thrashed the absolute crap outta this car, in the 6 months I owned the car on P Plates, it copped about 6 sets of tires.. Yes SETS, not just individuals. The same day that the tires got replaced, it also went to the mechanics to see if engine and driveline was in good order, everytime it was still in A1 Nick. I shouldn't boast as it is and was stupid, but i'm over that shite now.

I since bought the VR for an upgrade, and sold the VK to a mate.

Here's some pics:
Front.jpg

Int1.jpg

Right.jpg

after.jpg

vkupdated.jpg

tuffK.jpg

Once again.. the car is no longer mine.. but I wish I had've spent the money from the VR's loan on the VK

kodakmomentz

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VY SS
just learn from your mistake buddy and go for it on the VR :)

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Hey mate I thought u never got rid of that. When I saw this thread I was gonna ask if u still had it coz last time I talked to u, u were sellin it real cheap. I just thought it must have been put up the back with a tarp over it or sumfin haha.

With the money u spent on ur VR u could of did a shitload to the VK, just a set of 17's would of set it off real good, like they do to any cars haha. :D

matty88

LPG Installer :p
Reaction score
Members Ride
TEXXXY: Resprayed TX3 Non Turbo
I so wanted that VK, parent's wouldn't let me as we don't have the room (bloody tractors are in the backyard :bang: ) and no way am I parking it on the front lawn in Thievesville (Doveton)

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
You wanted my VK?? Are you the guy I spoke to AAAAGGGEEESSS ago and your parents were going to give you the yes or no?

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Also.. Another image I cringe at EVERYTIME I see it.. The amount of genuine k's.
instrumentcluster.jpg

1991_Vn2nV: It's not that im NOT enjoying the VR.. im just MAJORLY kicking myself at the fact that if I had of put $5,500 in the VK instead of buying the VR.. I would have a mean VK 6, or a nice VK 8.

matty88

LPG Installer :p
Reaction score
Members Ride
TEXXXY: Resprayed TX3 Non Turbo
Sure was mate, damn space was holding me back :-(

V-ahhh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VT
man that looks like it was a nice vk and the amount of k's that are on it are very rare to see these days on the old girls