Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY PHANTOM SV6 - Upgrade suggestions too please!

StyLeZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Ok so the last month or so i have tossed up between selling my 2008 Semi-Auto PHANTOM Metallic SV6 and upgrading for a SSV, but havent had many offers on my car to do the swap.. ( still for sale)

So its made me think to keep it and make it how i want beside all the SSV extras, happy to hear peoples opinions of it all but what im hoping to do within the near future is.

226553_10150241124997254_741392253_9208101_1254783_n.jpg

Current Mods
-20" G2 wheels 245 front 275 rear
-slightly lowered to what standard shocks can go. 20-25mm?
- Exhaust - Fair average muffler change..
- Completely De Badged the rear.

Future Mods
- SSV Tail Lights
- Tinted Windows. Not sure on what % to go and how much im lookin at?
- Change the exhaust tips to quad.. but would like to re-do the whole system with 2.25 stainless..extractos etc. I know its a v6 but better then the drone or no sound at all.
- KEEP THE LION!! on the front but spray it Flat Black.. What would be the best way to do this ? keep badge on car and seal of around it..?
- Custom Black Number plates with Silver Writing. Slim Front and rear.
- Sound System... Disconnect The centre front sub, Add possible 2 - 6x9's at rear seats and Sub and amp mounted within the boot.
- Suspension - Change shocks and go slightly lower, Kings SSL ?
- Change Rims over with 20" Black VE GTS wheels.

to end up lookin something like EXCESSV's car if any of you saw his old post. or this
69875_465077239920_623929920_5271482_2972147_n.jpg

opinions and help on any of these ideas greatly appreciated!

HUX 90

POSION VE SS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS UTE
Nice car, I definately agree with you about the 2.25" exhaust and a new sound system. I wouldn't bother with 6x9's though if your planning to install a sub, some good quality mid range speakers in the rear doors would be better.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Of to a good start! Look very tidy.

Tint will cost you $200-$350 depending on what type of tint you go for and where you get it done. - I would recommend metal tint as it's easier to see out of and won't fade (I have 15% metal tint on my ute, but you don't need to go that dark, though I have no issue seeing out at night).

With the exhaust, keep the mid section (maybe remove crimps and mid mufflers if you want, but it's 2.25 stainless as is, so no sense in spending money where it isn't needed - headers will help, cats if you want (not really necessary) and just the rear cans - doesn't really matter what brand.

Definitely easier to spray the badge with it off the car - just remove the grille (two bolts and a couple of clip under the bonnet - then the badge unclips from behind. Give it a light sand with 2000 grit wet paper, 3-ish light coats of plastic primer, and 4 or 5 light coats of matte (if you want a matte finish) black plastic paint - personally, I'd go with gloss and clear it as well - but that's just me.

SSL Kings will look great - though that's likely what you have now (or equivalent) - you might want lower, in which case pick yourself up some Boge short body shocks as well from Greg at GSL Rallysport.

And definitely lose the chromies! haha.

ve_alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Get the ssv front headlights they are the projector style they look sweeeet i had them on my old ve sv6, boot lip spoiler :)

StyLeZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
cheers for the helps guys, yer will look at the holden badge this weekend and as for the head lights , thats the more white colour light ? then the yellowy tinge..

ve_alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6