Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My poor VX!

rr088

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT LS1 Calais
hello, now that we are well into the new year? Have you decided wether or not you are fixing the damaged caror will be selling it? Let me know? Thanks Rick

Crofty

'Animul' Boy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX LUMINA S2
Hey mate,

Yeah shes all fixed now. Shes been fixed since atleast November..

She is going great.. I honestly thought she would drive terrible after the accident, but I reckon she drives better... :dance: Due to the statesman suspension put on :p

Oh and people, 'nat_daly' ... haha... well, his no longer owns the ford he had... it in the end was goona cost him $4,500 to fix... lol fords for ya!

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
how many of you saying "sell the car" have bought your car brand new..... i bet most of you own second hand cars.... and most likely your car has had a previous prang too..... all depends how good the repair job is done....

Crofty

'Animul' Boy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX LUMINA S2
Yeah, the cost was high... $6,000 and that was all second hand parts aswell.. If I was insured it would of most likely been a write-off for sure... Like I said but, she drives beautiful.

Im actually in the process of doing her up, Ill get a my ride thread started soon and post up all the pics as they come..

Cheers,
Crofty

desruction

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
i always thought that if the chassis was twisted it was a write off? but i aint in the habbit of crashin' cars so who knows.....

You say $7000 to fix? The price parts go for on ebay you could probably get a couple of grand if you strip it.

Whats a 2001 vt lumina worth? wouldn't be over $10000 would it?

You do the math......

P

Pedro13

Hey just want to tell you i feel for you , cos i smashed my car into a poll, hitting the front left, the force was so great that the front left tyre moved into the passenger foot space,i was under the influence of alcohol, the police came 2 secs after my accident, breathalised me , i was over, even though i had full comp, the insurance declined the claim, i had the car just for 10 days.Now its fixed, i did it on my own, its cost me $3000 , there was not mechanical damage to the engine or the other parts, just shell and a bit of shell damage.I cut out the whole damaged part, welded a new front left and chassis in , no one can tell where the join is not even me, driveability, there is no difference mate, it all depends who is doing the repair and how much they care, i had help from my dad doing the welding and using his precision.Mate the car feels the same as before so yeah a bit of helpful news to you. I saw the pics, mate my car was 10 times worse than yours so cheer up , its fixable

P

Pedro13

Hey just want to tell you i feel for you , cos i smashed my car into a poll, hitting the front left, the force was so great that the front left tyre moved into the passenger foot space,i was under the influence of alcohol, the police came 2 secs after my accident, breathalised me , i was over, even though i had full comp, the insurance declined the claim, i had the car just for 10 days.Now its fixed, i did it on my own, its cost me $3000 , there was not mechanical damage to the engine or the other parts, just shell and a bit of shell damage.I cut out the whole damaged part, welded a new front left and chassis in , no one can tell where the join is not even me, driveability, there is no difference mate, it all depends who is doing the repair and how much they care, i had help from my dad doing the welding and using his precision.Mate the car feels the same as before so yeah a bit of helpful news to you. I saw the pics, mate my car was 10 times worse than yours so cheer up , its fixable

Benji

Vote For Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking For A VR - VS Stato V8
lol dam man i know how you fell im being dead serious to lol our cars look like twins

Attachments

• PIC_0393.JPG
    PIC_0393.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 149

amcroft

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Thats what you get for drink driving.... I have attended to many accidents involving drink driving in six years of emergency services in country vic,,, and people still don't get it. I hope you lost your licence and thank god you did hit a pole and not someone going home from work...