Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Quicksilver VY SS

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Yeah sounds good. Just thought I'd ask because photo's always make things look awesome :).

Where'd you pick the intake up from?

patrick niesler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
The intakes a DUSPEED intake. (I think I'm allowed to promote his product on the forum).

They're worth $725 posted to your door, although may depend on freight charges to your area.

If you search in google they have a website which will give you his phone number.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Cheers bud.
I'm just hunting around for the most stardardish looking OTR at the moment. Alloy ones are cool, but stick out like monkies nuts :).

mipa

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s2
nice ride mate..liike the 2pack black engine covers and the otr..very good look

patrick niesler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
For those out there that are interested in the stereo side of things, I've finally got around to finishing it off.

Speaker wise went with the Kenwood eXcelon series splits (KFC-X1730p) for both front and rear. Front tweeters went into the factory locations in the dash and the rear ones i cut into the parcel tray where the 6x9s would go.

IMG_0207_zpsopj59h6z.jpg

IMG_0204_zpsdlk9fghx.jpg

IMG_0847_zpscwlwwjit.jpg

All of the boot has been lined with Dynamat, worked really well to reduce the amount of rattles in the boot.

next job, wait for a tyre to arive, had a screw go through the sidewall of one of my 20's the other day, so got crappy 18's on the rear. tyres not expected to turn up until first week of december and get front bar and bonnet painted.

Last edited:

patrick niesler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Got new tint done today. got 18% carbon. in my opinion it looks a lot better than the old stuff, a lot darker as well.

IMG_0370_zpslclbxzlm.jpg

Last edited:

SKA73R

2005 VZ SV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
Very nice SS, looks like you have put alot of work into this soo far.. love the Engine Bay, looks really good

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
Love the quicksilver Commys.

Engine bay looks slick,clinically clean.

patrick niesler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Love the quicksilver Commys.

Engine bay looks slick,clinically clean.

Haha, thanks mate. I'm going to take clinically clean as a good thing and not an OCD thing :p

It takes ages to get it to be that clean but to keep it clean all I do is use a sponge while washing the car and run over it all.

patrick niesler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Also on an update note. Stinger 200amp dual battery isolator arrived today, now just waiting on the battery terminals to arrive and i can get my battery tray and optima yellow top battery which will go in the passenger of the engine bay where the factory airbox was.