Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My rear suspension, its broken.

officenerd

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx wagon
good evening internet. i have a vx commodore station wagon. when im driving in a straight line i have to battle to keep it from swerving and dieing, so i have decided to no longer drive my car. now the problem looks like it will cost more to fix then the car is worth. i do not know much about cars so ill explain the best i can to tell you what the problem is.

rear drivers side wheel, take it off and your left with the brakes. to the rear of the car you have a shock?, then you have a doobalaki going to the diff, then you have another piece which has the spring. now the piece that has the spring, travels towards the front of the car, and also the center of the car, like a V. where this piece travels to the front of the car, it connects to a piece of steel with a cylinder, the piece it connects to holds the diff up. now where the V connects to the piece that holds the diff up, there is a cylinder with a rubber each side, connecting with 2 circle things via a bolt, the 2 circle things are connected to the piece that holds the diff up. now the circle thing that holds the bolt broke off, and it seems to be welded to this massive piece of steel that runs from one side of the car to the other.

so when i drive, the top of the wheel rubs against the car. when it changes gear, the whole car moves around and my head bobbles. the wheel isnt always in the center of the arch, its towards the back, sometimes i head a banging noise and its to the front. my wheel nearly has a 90 degree camber hahahaha, and the thrreaded bolts that hold the wheel on are snapping off, one gone 4 to go.

so whats the going rate to supply and install left and right shock, left and right spring, and that peice of steel going across the rear of the car, that holds the diff up.

if i havent made myself clear and you care to listen, please ask again and i might be able to explain further.

ps if someone hear is a mechanic (home job or qualified) and wants to fix it cheap and i supply the materials, give me a price, must be within 20km of mt druitt nsw

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
they say a picture is worth a thousand words, in this case im sure itd be worth more than whatever it is that i just read.

officenerd

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx wagon
they say a picture is worth a thousand words, in this case im sure itd be worth more than whatever it is that i just read.

i agree that a picture is worth a thousand words, though if you knew about vx commodore suspension you would know the part im talking about.

cor3yz

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT Wagon Exec / VK 202 EFI
Either your subframe or lower arm is busted and you need a new one from the wreckers. Recommend do not drive