Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Redhot VZ SV6

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Player set me back bout 1500 which isnt still isn't a too bad of a price. But I got a cat 10 so i could still use the steering controls. Definitely rate it!! Getting some splits for the front soon hooked up to a 4 channel amp. Not too sure if I should put splits or 2ways in the rear.. Any suggestions what I should go with?

im still thinking bout watn setup i should have in mine. I took out the 4 channel amp from my previous car. Prob have 2x 10" or 12" in a box in the boot.
Not sure about door speakers mite just run them as tweeters/mid ranges. The sound seams to be fairly good from the stock speakers.

jimmybobrowe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Punch my doof doof

im still thinking bout watn setup i should have in mine. I took out the 4 channel amp from my previous car. Prob have 2x 10" or 12" in a box in the boot.
Not sure about door speakers mite just run them as tweeters/mid ranges. The sound seams to be fairly good from the stock speakers.

Yeah I've currently got a 12" but I'll be swapping that for a 2 10"s eventually so its a bit more punchier!!

Jusdin088

JUSDIN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV Senator
Hey Jimmy, Love the dash man.
how did ya do it.
i have an 04 Blue SV6 that i like to do that to but in blue.
and help would be great.
nice ride

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
nice vz man i really dig the dash and red and black paint i wanna do mine but i cant get my dash apart..lol i'll get it one day

jimmybobrowe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Ripping apart the dash

nice vz man i really dig the dash and red and black paint i wanna do mine but i cant get my dash apart..lol i'll get it one day

lol nice!! Nah its pretty easy to pull apart, I've done it so many times- probably too many times!! If you need a hand to pull it apart, just send me an "OI" and I'll try and steer you in the right direction!

jimmybobrowe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hey Jimmy, Love the dash man.
how did ya do it.
i have an 04 Blue SV6 that i like to do that to but in blue.
and help would be great.
nice ride

Hey
Thanks, its starting to turn out really nice!! I drove my mates 2007 F6 Typhoon the other day, and I seriously think apart from the turbo, the SV6 is a much better ride overall!

But anyway, the way I basically did the dash was:

1. Take out the two dash panels, this can be done by following this site: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vy-vz-wk-wl-v2/...ole-vy-vz.html
2. I used metho to clean away any chemicals that was on it.
3. Sand it back, with water and wed'n'dry sandpaper, to roughen it so the paint has something to stick to. Use sandpaper over 1200. If you're not going to do the centre, just make sure you dont sand it.
4. Tape up the area you don't want to paint, take your time with this. As fustrating as it is, it makes a lot of difference in the end result. Dont use good tape as it'll rip the paint right off!!
5. Apply an even coat of plastic primer to the panels. When dry, sand it back lightly. Just remember, the bumps that show now will show later, so try and get rid of any bumps and holes. I used two coats of primer and then cleaned the panels lightly with metho.
6. Spray on the colour u want the panels to be. I used the brand White Knight I think. Less is better, you dont want any runs, although this is easier said than done because of the shape of the panels. I used a total of 3 coats to get the colour i wanted, but some people might prefer more. I didnt sand at all between these coats. Just try and keep it in a dust free warm area for best results.
7. I then applied 2 coats of clear coat just to protect the colour a little better and it makes it looks nice and shiny.
8. Remove the tape, install the panels back into the car and enjoy your work!!
Some people might have a better way to do it, but I think mine didnt turn out too bad!!

If you need more help, send me a PM and I'll try and help u some more!! Enjoy

Last edited:

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
Does anyone know where i could get some black electric window buttons for the centre of the car? Or even the stock numbers for it? Anyone know if the ones in the VY will work in the VZ??

Mate, im after the same item. i changed the centre ove to the VY SS spec, its the black & satin silver colour.
Im sourcing black a 6 stacker
black pwr window module
black switch assembly this sit behind the pwr window modules

jimmybobrowe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Yeah they're almost impossible to find eh! I got my black window module from a WK/WL statesman, did the job nicely!! Still after a black traction control button and black air con assembly, so if u know if anyone has one, can ya PM me so I can get their details?

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah they're almost impossible to find eh! I got my black window module from a WK/WL statesman, did the job nicely!! Still after a black traction control button and black air con assembly, so if u know if anyone has one, can ya PM me so I can get their details?

All i need now is the black 6 stacker & ive finshed the interior, ill still gotts ask phreddy to change ova my dash lights to blue.:D
With the black T/C button, i got this from OZ car parts. Shoot Oscar a PM, he'll be able to help u out.
What do u mean by the black aircon assy? u talking about the switches (manual ver) or the colour of the plastic surround?