Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Ride(s)

P

Protege

Not sure if there is a thread or something for this, but hey - I am new :wave:

anyway, here is a couple of pics of my car and bike.

Attachments

• car 001.jpg
    car 001.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 124
  • car 003.jpg
    car 003.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 159
  • bike.JPG
    bike.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 138

hispeedvp

VP SS Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Group A Ute
nice are they both stock?

P

Protege

the bike is - use it to get to and from work every day (its a 250cc yamaha fzx "zeal")
the acclaim has 17" VX/VY Clubbie (or something like that) wheels on it, and a big tip on the exhaust. I want to put pacemakers through a lukey on it eventually. other than that, I am happy with it. (i suppose it could go down an inch to tho)

hispeedvp

VP SS Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Group A Ute
why would you want to lower it, the general conception is lowring gives you better performance, Holden spend thousands of dallars researching there suspension set ups, just a thought,

P.S my car is lowered :p

P

Protege

nothing at all to do with performance... :) in the end what matters most is not how fast you can get there, but what you look and sound like (and how many ppl notice!)

hispeedvp

VP SS Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Group A Ute
i did say mines lowered :p, but still holden dont make that much money out of lowering cars, unless they have a deal with pedders you would think they would make the HSV's and SS factory lowered (more so than stock) unless they want lower them because the car wont perform as good Unlikley, they prob got special deals with pedders ect..

oNDaBoOzE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Panther VS SS
hey protege where u at, always lookin for pplz to ride with.
i'm getting my second cbr 250RR at the end of the month

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Nice car and bike...that'd be an import would it? Always liked the look of those naked 250's like the sporty Zeal....although my practically-middle-aged arse is parked on a BMW boxer most of the time now... :whistling

Yeah, I'm afraid that I'm of the school that says stiffen the springs up a bit, fit better quality dampers and bigger sway bars, but don't go stupid lowering it heaps too much...maybe an inch max in my book ( or take it to the specs of the "performance" model in your cars line-up)...I too believe that the factories with massive computer programs and road testing kinda sorta know what they're doing when they set up the basic geometry of the suspension better than I do.... :whistling :yeah: :yeah:

V

VQV8

My 2 cents !!

Alot of people suggesting that a car is set up to handle best from the factory here ?? Just ponder this for a moment .......
When Holden build a car they have to come up with a compromise of
1/ Drivability
2/ Comfort
3/ Handeling
therefore when lowering a car you a sacrificing some of the comfort to improve the handeling it is that simple. Even just plain old cutting the spring (although in my book as retarded as putting a screwdriver through your exhaust to make a car sound better) will give you slightly better handeling !
simply :
The lower the centre of gravity ,the tighter your car is holding itself flat ( i.e. coil overs .. sway bars etc) and the more rubber that has contact with the ground. the better the car will handle !

VQV8 :D