Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My silver Exec

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
are the tires already on the rims. if not i got charged $15 dollars for a valve to be replaced on my rim and that included a balance and them taking of my spare and putting the rim back on. so you shouldn't be charged much more per tire.

So what that $15 for one rim in which you had tyre put on and got it balanced?

that seems fair, I would be happy to pay around 60-70 to have rims put on.

And yeh don't have tyres yet, so they will have to do that.

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
they took the tire off to get the new valve in and then put it back on and balanced it for me then put it on the car for me. are you going to supply your own tires or buy some from your local tire shop

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
they took the tire off to get the new valve in and then put it back on and balanced it for me then put it on the car for me. are you going to supply your own tires or buy some from your local tire shop

ah kk, um yeh probably just supply my own tyres, or do you think It would be cheaper If I bought them at the place and had them installed, like in a package or something?

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
talk to the people at the tire shop and see what they will do for you. and price different places so you get the best deal. and let them all know that you will shop around so then they will try harder so you will buy from them. and do the same with your suspension. and with your suspension you will save more if you do it yourself. but that's only if you are comfortable tackling that challenge. it cost me just over $1000 dollars to get lowered springs and shocks, new bushes for the front end and white line heavy duty sway bars front and rear but me and my old man put them in the car and it took us a day to put them in.

holdencple

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS 5.7L LS1
nice price you paid for the car :)
rims would look good on it for sure...
p.s. would buy the tow bar off ya if you live in sydney?

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
nice price you paid for the car :)
rims would look good on it for sure...

Thanks Clint G, ill have a look around, try and haggle some good pricing.

Very good price, my dad paid for it, Ive been working for the last month and a half (just finished year 12) and just finished paying it off.

also bit unsure about the rims, they will look good once car is lowered.
I mean I don't have much to loose, I might as well chuck em on, see what it looks like and sell em if I'm not happy with them.

In Sydney, sorry one problem my dad wants me to keep it until January as the family goes away for a few weeks up Forster, he wants to take my car and put the tow bar back on so my brothers can take their bikes. Its bu&3#hit if you ask me, I mean I have paid the car off so I should be able to do what I want. After that I can sell it to you If your still interested. Its also rated 2100kg, if that really matters?

If situation changes ill be sure to pm you ok

Oh_Your_Blind

Green means 'Earth'!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY Executive

I can sell you mine champ, im takin it off on the weekend. im in western sydney. Ill paint it for you too

Oh_Your_Blind

Green means 'Earth'!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY Executive
Yeh nice choice, wish it was another colour, have you gotten bored of it being silver yet? ha ha

Eh silvers alright.. Haha, I tinted my tail lights they it sets the car off a lot more.

Let me know how you go with the valve release from the towbar.. Mine sits way to high at the rear too.

Btw .. Sorry for the double post, phone won't met me multi quote

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
Eh silvers alright.. Haha, I tinted my tail lights they it sets the car off a lot more.

Let me know how you go with the valve release from the towbar.. Mine sits way to high at the rear too.

Btw .. Sorry for the double post, phone won't met me multi quote

I don't mind it but I would of liked black or that charcoal colour.

ehhh I got no idea with the valve release, my car at the rear sits heaps high but even when I went to release the air, I pushed the pin in fully and got one small puff of air, my shocks are either already empty (which their was no pressure coming from the hoses), I'm doing something wrong or something is broken? Somebody please help lol

Also would these adjustable shocks or whatever cause problem when it comes to lowering my car with springs etc. anyone had a similar problem?