Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Silver VY II S ute

braddz93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red 1999 V6 VT Commodore
beautiful ute mate, very nice and neat. love the look of the front end.

YZ250

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS CREWMAN
You LOWERED your car? And you live in a country area? Your crazy! My car's not lowered and i was scraping my body kit a couple of times on my holiday in Blairgowrie (Sorrento). Some of the times it may have had something to do with the speed i was doing, but lets not go there.

Man I gotta say I love this Ute. Alien why say he's crazy ? Yes you have had problems , but why assume others will ?

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Went and inspected my utility today.

- Balancer shaft has been disabled and removed
- Cam has been installed
- New timing chain kit is installed
- New heads have been installed
The upper and lower manifolds were sent away with a template to be matched up to the new heads' massive ports so they should be back tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be all put back together by friday morning, and tuning should be done in a few weeks - i couldn't get in to chiptorque any time soon.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
So I managed to get into chiptorque this morning and hop on the dyno for a full tune. Initially i was running 206RWKW, but after two hours of them playing with the tune I ended up with 237.1RWKW and 490NM of torque. It'll happily smoke 1st and 2nd, plus fuel economy is down to 7.4L/100km.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dyno sheets!

DynoKW.jpg

DynoNM.jpg

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
My ute developed a bit of a miss up in the revs, you could hear it was having a bit of trouble on the dyno, so I bought myself a set of MSD blaster coils. Contrary to what most say, they are awesome compared to the stock ones - It idles better, and the miss is completely gone, even on $3 spark plugs it's running well. Next up is a set of bigger ignition leads and a new set of irridium spark plugs.