Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Storm Grey VX Clubsport 6SP

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
hey guys havent updated this in a while! been busy with the car over the last few months, list of mods are:
-comp 222/224 112 lsa
-918 valve springs
-hardened pushrods
-complifters
-stronger retainers, locks, seats
-comp valve stem seals
-comp DR timing chain
-2" Autometer oil pressure gauge
-King superlows all round
-monroe GT sports all round
-nolathane bushes entire front end
-new radiator
-new water pump
-new alternator
-stainless steel catch can

still havent finished exhaust off so ill be holding off on the tune until its done! might get some nice pics up this weekend

Love the car man, looks awesome, any updates? also how hard was it to install the oil press gauge? or did you get someone to do it? Ive been interested in getting it done too..

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
hey mate, havent checked this for ages! next to the oil filter there is an alloy blanking off plate with a hole thats blocked off, i used a drill and then tapped it out to the same thread as the sender unit. bit of work, i had to jack the engine to get it in there but it works perfect! i have another 2" hole next to oil gauge but im not sure what i should put in there?? i also put in a vy sunglasses holder with lights.

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
i also finished the exhaust off, hurricane headers and 100 cpsi cats from naaf, sounds really good. and have the mafless tune with vcm otr and red monaro engine covers.

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Awesome mate, Hmm dunno if i feel confident to tap my own block, lol Ive never tapped anything before, so.. would hat to #### it up there. haha.. might get someone else to do it :p

And yeah NAAF is a legend. Ive got a cat back from him and will be getting some headers and cats from him in the not tooo distant future as well.. funds are dry due to having a wedding in December.. But never know, tax return could come good :D

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
also how much did the oil press guage and sender + wiring cost ya? just out of curiosity.. also I would go with a water temp? for ur next guage. lol

also, think its time for a new clip of your zorst and cam combo

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...-where-put-oil-pressure-gauge-sender-ls1.html
this is what i did. i think it was $160 from autobahn, comes all in a package. i went autometer after asking alot of people you pay a bit more but hopefully it will last forever. my temp gauge works well so kinda dont want two. maybe i might put in a voltmeter. ill try get a video tomorrow, have the day off :)

Awesome, any chance of a photo of the gauges too?

Also yeah volt meter wouldnt be a bad idea, especially if your thinking of going a bad ass sound system eventually lol