Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My time capsule

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Well, car's back, job looks ok save for a bit of a paint blemish over the site of the repair. Hardly noticeable, won't worry about it.

Now, the driver's weathershield has been removed - it broke during the replacing of driver's door chrome moulding. Removed all the tape, so now I decide whether or not to spend the $90 to get a new one......

Replaced all other chrome mouldings but even using a rubber mallet I *slightly dented them both*, irritating for one was brand new and cost $60 a pop. They are a tight fit, so even if I did replace them, i'll probably damage them again upon insallation. So I'll leave it.

Latest e-bay purchase - got a small disco ball to hang from rear view mirror when it is displayed at carshows. Various stickers on it, the memerobilia, and the music I play on car stereo when it's shown has a late 70s disco mood, so it's very fitting.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
6 months later - no significant developments. Car developed a bit of an oil leak. Showed it to mechanic, diagnosed as loose oil pan bolts, leaking is now at least greatly reduced.

A couple of months ago, the car developed significant running problems, namely very erratic throttle response under acceleration. Solution was to rebuild the carburetor. Kit cost $33. Accelerator pump was a bit worn.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Annnnnnnnnnd you took it to All Holden Day back in August:

Its the back one but this the only photo i can seem to find of it.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Latest update.

Made a new professional-looking a-frame sign for car shows. Getting some extra period appropriate stickers.

A few months ago the brake master cylinder went (again....) had to spend $300 to get a new one fitted.

Front end vibration came back, but cured after rotating tyres.

Most recent service done mid-year and comprised of transmission service, oil and coolant change. Lately the horn died and had to get a new one. Also the stereo stopped working, auto sparky fixed for $60.