Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My toy, VY exec not quite stock

ADEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec
My toy, VY exec not quite stock - NEW decent pics pg 1

Hey fellas, first post here and i thought id get some flicks up of my ride..

I bought the car last november with some good work already done to it. Mods included SS front and rear bars, upgraded front and rear tail lights, tints all round, and the suspension has been lowered quite substantially - although im not quite sure on final amount of inches.

At first i hadnt planned on doing this ride up, having owned a rodeo with airbag suspension, alot of bodywork mods and plenty of $$$, and then a worked 74 F100 with a 351 clev.

But, of course the bug has bitten and i decided i need to put my own inprint on the car, so recently i purchased some black centre 19 x 8.5 speedy rims.

And i have a pair of 280W 6-1/2"speakers and another pair of 320W 7 x 10" Kenwood speakers to go in once i have time to take it back to Doran - good 21st present from my mates lol..

Also today it is going in for a full exhaust system upgrade, 2.5" with extractors and hi - flow cat, kinda the start off for a bit of power searching.

So yeah, here are a few small pics from my phone, (my computer died on us 2 days ago and i lost all the decent pics), but once i get it back from the shop today ill give it a wash and get some decent photos up..

78_IMG_8042_1.jpg

78_IMG_8047_1.jpg

Cheers for checking out the car, and im lookin forward to hearing comments..
Adem.

Last edited:

Nordy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
Looks pretty sweet dude...ive always liked black wheels against white
Good luck with ur mods

arrow224

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Looks good dude. Just one comment - the front grille should be black, like they were. Just to break it up a bit.

ADEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec
thanks for the comments so far, got the exhaust system hooked up and it sounds awesome when i give it some from a stop...

next thing to save up for is either the FIT 1.97 roller rockers for maybe the Yella Terra 1.95 rockers, ill see wat kinda price differences there are and decide from that i think..

08_adaml

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII Spac Manual
Nice car mate, is it a manual or an auto? like the white grill, looks unique...

I have 19''x8'' and have found that the rear tyres are scraping. With 19''x8.5'' on your car, wouldn't it scrape quite frequently, espeiallly with a full car load, or have you rolled the guards?

BTW, Get some new photos up, cheers...

ADEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec
heres some decent pics

DSC00336.jpg

DSC00327-1.jpg

DSC00331.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

DSC00333.jpg

DSC00332.jpg

ADEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec
adaml..

yeah mate it scrubbed hella bad when i got the 19''s fitted, i carry alot of tools to work every day so it wasnt good for the tyres, i got them rolled last week and its all good now - that and the fact i have quite a bit of neg camber in the rear..and yeah its an auto :( but ahwell, doing 2+ hours of driving a day to work makes it worthwhile..

08_adaml

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII Spac Manual
oh and adaml, yeah mate mine scrubbed real bad just with the old 18"s that were on it when i bought it and they were 8"wide..i got the guards rolled last week and they don't scrub anymore finally! I carry alot of tools to work in the rear so its 150% better lol

ok.. thanks... Nice photos, car looks good with no rear wing, im thinking about removing my rear spoiler, but it will be a fairly expensive procedure, as i need to get a new rear window, rear window light, wiring all set up (unless there is already a loom there), filled and painted rear bootlid.

But IMO, SS's look 10x better without a rear wing, and it is quite uniique aswell...