Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my V6 is losing power.Help !!

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
well, there is a filter on the pump also.. well looks more like a wire tea bag but that may be old n half blocked.. or ur pump may be half shagged, and the extra demand from ur rebuilt engine, it may need a change, as meantioned above

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
yeah i'd go with fuel pump being old and shagged, did you replace oxy sensors when you rebuilt the enigne and are you 100% sure all vacume hoes are connected, may be one half off and for god knows what reason the ECU isnt giving you an error code.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I believe its the fuel pump. Did you also replace the fuel pressure regulator??

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
It could also be the catalytic converter slowly blocking up and restricting the exhaust. This stops engines revving out and the catalytic converter will slowly get more and more blocked till the car will only idle.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
It could also be the catalytic converter slowly blocking up and restricting the exhaust. This stops engines revving out and the catalytic converter will slowly get more and more blocked till the car will only idle.

sounds like something that happens to a smoker.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
sounds like something that happens to a smoker.

That sum funny Shiat!!! LMFAO

Could it be cam related? ive got a surecam regrind in my car atm. shes not running very happily after replacing everything that could be at fault. My tuner reckon it COULD be related to cam timing? or the grind timing, something like that???

custom vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec
well,we will all know next week when it goes to the mechanic,its almost undriveable and only just got me home today,its now losing power from 1500 rpm.

Lazin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS V6 Wag
I agree with hako sounds like your cat is blocking up.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
From what I've gathered around the traps, the quickest way to kill a cat (or block it) is to run a over-rich mixture thru it or have worn rings which allow unburnt oil to be pumped out the exhaust. Most new cars have a warning sticker which says do not overfill the engine oil as it will damage the catalytic converter .
A lumpy cam may cause overfueling and then this excess fuel (or unburnt fuel) then apparently reacts with all those exotic metals in the cat (palladium, etc).